Why wont rail driver work on 2006

EL3136

Hi have Trainz2006 and I also have rail driver but the only thing it does is work only on the reverse and forward, none of the other controls work any idea how i can fix it for it to work
Matt

I've also seen comments that RailDriver needs Trainz to be installed in its default program folder in C:\Program Files. I have no way of knowing whether that's true, or if there's any workaround possible if Trainz is installed anywhere else.

John

Raildriver notes

I just got a Raildriver so I am not an expert, but here us what I found:

1. The Raildriver software is specific to the version of Trainz you are running. Try checking the Raildriver website for the correct version of software.

2. The Raildriver must be calibrated. The calibration setup is listed under the Options menu of the Raildriver Manager which should have been loaded on your computer when you loaded the Raildriver software.

Happy driving!:)

Trainz can be installed in any drive and Raildriver can be made to work with it. It's a long time ago but I seem to remember that I had some problems in early versions. I've had Raildriver working in every version from TRS2004 through TS2009, even on multiple versions on the same machine.
Do you have the latest drivers from PI Engineering? www.raildriver.com/support/downloads.php

When you say only some controls work can you be more specific.
a. Do the Buttons work?
b. Are you in DCC mode as only some of the controls are active in this mode?
c. Do the horn, bell and lights work?
d. Have you set it up using the calibrator?

Last edited:
Rail driver

Trainz can be installed in any drive and Raildriver can be made to work with it. It's a long time ago but I seem to remember that I had some problems in early versions. I've had Raildriver working in every version from TRS2004 through TS2009, even on multiple versions on the same machine.
Do you have the latest drivers from PI Engineering? www.raildriver.com/support/downloads.php

When you say only some controls work can you be more specific.
a. Do the Buttons work?
b. Are you in DCC mode as only some of the controls are active in this mode?
c. Do the horn, bell and lights work?
d. Have you set it up using the calibrator?

I cant even get DCC mode, the reveser acts as eveything brakes, thottle
Matt

Operating your RailDriver Controller for use with Auran
Trainz 2004, 2006, Classics, Railwayz and 2009
When the RailDriver is not active, “rd” will be displayed in the
status window of the controller.

After completing a successful calibration, launch Trainz.

From the main menu, select “Driver”.

Select your “Route” and “Route Session”.

Once the session loads, you will be asked to select a “Train
Control Mode”, select “Cab Mode” for full use of the Controller. In
“DCC Mode”, only the throttle is supported.

The Status Window on the Controller will now display the current
speed.

unquote

The above is an extract from the Raildriver Manual. These days there is no paper manual as changes to simulator often require changes to manual. This e-manual will lead you through the installation, calibration and operation of the Raildriver.

http://www.raildriver.com/assets/documents/manuals/rd.manual.pdf

When in Trainz DCC mode only the one control works just like a model railroad controller. For all controls to work you must be in Trainz Cab mode. Raildriver will sense which mode you are in. The keys work in both modes but I have never seen working windscreen wipers. The Raildriver LED display reads mph regardless of whether you are in metric or imperial. The key does toggle the game correctly though.

Tim Court at PI Engineering has written some tutorials. Also check out the Raildriver Troubleshooting Guide at

http://www.raildriver.com/support/raildriver.php

Last edited:
Back