Which trainz is the best??

jordynator

Well I want an new version of trainz 2004 is ok, but it has not enough stuff. I want much scenery and a great deal of engine's and an good route editor afcourse! But which on to choose which is the newest which is the best *released* version! I can't ask the internet cause all versions seem the best! even UTC even though it is one of the older ones! So help what too choose

TRS09 sounds more than promising, as you already have 04 unless you have a special interest in any of the content in Trainz Classics the future (09) sounds the best bet
As far as limited content is concerned even with TRS04 you already have thousands of items to choose from on the DLS for free as well as many more from third party sites both free and payware
Bob V

TRS09 sounds more than promising, as you already have 04 unless you have a special interest in any of the content in Trainz Classics the future (09) sounds the best bet
As far as limited content is concerned even with TRS04 you already have thousands of items to choose from on the DLS for free as well as many more from third party sites both free and payware
Bob V
yah I had 04 but since the virus I lost the second cd now I have an Incomplete game!:'( so that must be waiting till 2009 (Damn) When is 09 coming out anyway? Oh and Trainz Classics I readed about it but heard you can only lay an single track which makes it hard to make double trackes route parts
Like this below | | | is an track piece
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

Yes, I would agree, TRS2009 sounds the best choice for you. It contains a great deal of content from past versions. Also I think you can still pre-order it,which will give you a large discount off it's 'Engineer' edition. This apparently has a lot of new content. There are plenty of threads and posts on the forum to give you a detailed insight of it.:wave:

Regards
Bruce

yah I had 04 but since the virus I lost the second cd now I have an Incomplete game!:'( so that must be waiting till 2009 (Damn) When is 09 coming out anyway? Oh and Trainz Classics I readed about it but heard you can only lay an single track which makes it hard to make double trackes route parts
Like this below | | | is an track piece

I have seen some information around the forum stating that TS2009WBE will be available on the 26th of November.

...wait...can't wait...

:cool: I started with a demo of UTC & bought TRS2004 six months later, then TRS2009.

I bought msts & railsimulator when I was working.

I have tried the newest BETA version of TS2009 & as soon as I get my installed content into '09, '06 will be join '04 as archived history!

For me, at the moment TC3 looks the best, especley with the new smoke coming out in time with the steam engine piston cycle and how it evapourates in the air, is a load better than TRS06, but if TRS09 can match it then Iwould go with that.
but at the moment iv got some isues with gost trains that I can't get rid of, simple points that the AI won't change, and the train just sits there, even when you put invisible signals on every cosevable juntion.:(
I never had this trouble with TRS06, with all its falts.
but I will say this, It seams to be more stable than TRS06.
It still crashes but not as often.:p

ps will the TC3 engines be in the finished version of TRS09

Last edited:
I used TRS 06 until I bought TC3. I thought the graphics and sounds on TC3 where so much better than TRS06. I do miss all the modern content that there was with TRS06, but I'm now waiting for my TRS09 Disk :D

If I where you, I would wait for TRS09.

Am awaiting the arrival of my 2 '09 discs. One of which to join my collection of all other game issues. To say which is the best i'd have have to go with TRS04 myself as '06 got it wrong big time with the CMP.

Randall:D:D:D

Am awaiting the arrival of my 2 '09 discs. One of which to join my collection of all other game issues. To say which is the best i'd have have to go with TRS04 myself as '06 got it wrong big time with the CMP.

Randall:D:D:D
Just one Question as I never bought TRS04 what was the diferance between the two CMPs and has the new TRS09 CMP made a mends to it,
Sorry two questions. (a bit pythonesque there)

Yes this is the spanish inquestion:D

Just one Question as I never bought TRS04 what was the diferance between the two CMPs and has the new TRS09 CMP made a mends to it,
Sorry two questions. (a bit pythonesque there)

Yes this is the spanish inquestion:D

TS2009 includes CMP version 2 which fixes a lot of the errors from the original CMP. I have been beta-testing CMPv2 since it came out and I have not managed to crash it yet, and believe me, I have been trying to! It now has options to rebuild the database without deleting any files, and it provides progress bars for nearly all operations!

jordynator,

as the Captain writes, 2009 Beta 2 has proved (for me) a stable CMP, abd a stable Trainz operation.

I have imported and run routes from TRS 2004 (pre SP3), routes from 2006 and from TC3. There are (of course) a few minor problems - but overall the 2009 appears to give a better response than 2004, 2006 and TC3 (TC3 may suffer because of the very detailed modelling).

If you want to create routes and scenery (and content), pre-order the WBE - if you "just" want to run them wait for the "TEE" version - or buy both.

You may need to check the System specifications - apparently the old Geforce 2 (nVidia) cards are not good for 2009.

I'm using Athon 3000+ 64 (at 1800 Mhz is ok - overclocking to 2100 MHz is a lot better!)
2 Mb RAM
Graphic card nVidia 6600 GT (AGP)
Win XP (SP3)

Colin

Well I don't want to wait till 2009 but I have a new version trainz 2007 (It's actually trainz 2006 with extra stock) I bought it from a shop in Germany.
So it is in German language. Everything works it is until now or 2009 the best version I've seen. Only need to learn more about making custom content for trainz 2006:confused:

Have you noteist that no one has sed a good word about Classic 1&2!

NOW! theres a week of my life, I would like back:eek:
It was so rubbish that I couldent be botherd to download any decent content to it.
C1&2 RIP

Last edited:
Back