Where is the SD40?

SlickWilly

I just bought Trainz 2009. I am not able to find the SD40 as shown on the Trainz web page with high resolution interior. Do I need to download a user added scenario with it added? Seems to be a lot stuff to look thru just to find what should have been included with new install.

Willy

The SD40 is called 'UP SD40' or something similar. You'll need to add it via surveyor :)
Zec

So in other words, I have to spend hours trying to figure out how to do something just to use something that should have been done already when I bought this product. Probably would have been fair to mention that you can not use any of the nice graphics they advertise without going thru a lot of trouble first. The manuel seems to leave a lot to the imagination as well.

Willy

Umm, no. Just like any other Trainz program, you have to A) Choose and open a route in Surveyor, then B) Choose and place an engine and rolling stock on the tracks, (in your case SD40-2 Union Pacific), then C) save and go to Driver and drive the locomotive.

I agree they expect you to jump through some hoops with older content, but that's not new either.

The manual is from 2006, as most of it is still accurate, but why they couldn't make an attempt to make a 2009 manual is a mystery.

Oh, yeah, they would have to pay someone to do that....:eek:

Back