What's wrong with Jointed Rail

JamesJA

I have a very long complaint about Jointed Rail new Website.Today I went to download some of the nice content Jointed Rail has as Freeware. Though there new site changes that. I had to register just to download freeware. When Registering I got that so called confirmintation from my E-Mail Which told me to Log In. When Login in they asked me for a Passwod and username that they they gave me which I did not get. I then tried regeristing again and they said '' you have already register''. So to get in I had to go back to the E-Mail and confirm what they call '' The Token''. Which you had to copy a ridecolously long number of letters and words and copy it down just to change my unrecieved password. Of course with a new but yet undevolped site like this the process put me through noting after trying many times. I help to say I would be afraid to buy Payware from ther site cause I would never get. For those who want High quality there are better, and easier sites to go to that are devoleped to be easier to download freeware and Buy Payware. Jointed Rail Please Bring your old site back. I hate frustration Jointed Rail new site is Giving Me to much of that.

They do have a Forum here http://trainzforums.com/
Sum one will help ya out for sure.I personally like the new Site its a lot easier to navigate around but with anything new there are teething problems and they'll get it sorted for you.
Cheers Mick.:D

You should not be so harsh with JR as I certainly had no issues d/loading from their new web site (which btw is nice :) I think I might be a registered member but can not remember if I am as I was not asked to register. In any case, thanks to them, they provide EXCELLENT freeware to me, you and every one else who would want it for FREE and their payware is similar. Also, how long does it take to register?

In any case, everyone who operates a web site knows of the risks nowadays with hackers etc. doing nasty things to one's web site (being there with my own web site in the past and having some script kiddy doing something to it just to prove he/she could do it). Hence the security measures which they have to implement now.

In the end this benefits you, the downloader, as you will not likely get any nasties yourself from a web site that had been compromised. Have you checked your Spam folder if the email is/was there as this sometimes happens or your Spam filter might even have deleted this email?

Just something to think about!

Cheers

VinnyBarb

For those who want High quality there are better, and easier sites to go to that are devoleped to be easier to download freeware and Buy Payware.

Wow, thanks! Much appreciated. Perhaps then you should consider visiting those other sites that are much better and easier to navigate?

:wave:

Mike

the login protects the content and the site, and most importantly those who traffic it. we put this in place to keep downloader bots from hammering the files all day, and to help control the access a bit more. the process of registering has not been too difficult for others so i dont know why it is not working for you. send an email with your information we will try to sort it out.

i actually just registered as a test, its as easy as registering, and getting the email, and clicking the link.... the user and pwd are in that email, so i dont see what the problem is.

Last edited:
I have a very long complaint about Jointed Rail new Website.Today I went to download some of the nice content Jointed Rail has as Freeware. Though there new site changes that. I had to register just to download freeware. When Registering I got that so called confirmintation from my E-Mail Which told me to Log In. When Login in they asked me for a Passwod and username that they they gave me which I did not get. I then tried regeristing again and they said '' you have already register''. So to get in I had to go back to the E-Mail and confirm what they call '' The Token''. Which you had to copy a ridecolously long number of letters and words and copy it down just to change my unrecieved password. Of course with a new but yet undevolped site like this the process put me through noting after trying many times. I help to say I would be afraid to buy Payware from ther site cause I would never get. For those who want High quality there are better, and easier sites to go to that are devoleped to be easier to download freeware and Buy Payware. Jointed Rail Please Bring your old site back. I hate frustration Jointed Rail new site is Giving Me to much of that.

Either you got the email or you did not get it :confused:

I just visited the site and found it to be very pleasing on the eyes and professional in its setup, selecting a free-ware download was that easy its a pleasure :D , I did not register so could not actually do the download but I cannot see where there would be any problems as I got the "register to download" message without hassle :hehe:

On a scale of 1 to 10, for me it rates an 11 :eek: I just wish most of the professional sites I visit were as good, well done guys :)

Cheers David

After seeing the old site, this one is terrific. Good job redesigning. I'll have to check it out when I get a chance. Right now I'm taking a web design class that is eating up a big part of my time. This plus working now has really eaten up my time!

John

Whatever the original poster's issue, whether right or wrong, can be sorted out with JR surely.

What is the objective exactly of having the rant here?? :eek:

EDIT: ok... total of 5 posts from OP. Maybe he doesn't know the lay of the land yet. Still, common sense would dictate, to sort something out with any body (individual or group), you go to the source. Yeah??

Last edited:
James, JR is a good website. Even though I don't purchase their payware, they provide some great content (thanks JR for the F units and searchlight signals :D ).

Seriously? Really...Seriously???

Well JamesJA........ If you are sooo frustrated you do need to REALISE THAT THEY JUST GOT THE NEW SITE. Of coarse its going to have bugs. Your acting as if that its suppose to be picture perfect. Well nothing is and if you at least email them the problem they might fix it. And dont start bashing a website because things didn't go your way and, last I checked you don't even have a site. Jointed Rails has excellent quality add-ons from locos to scenery stuff. Those "OTHER" sites hate to say are not even on the same level of quality add-ons that Jointed Rails has graciously provided for us, from payware to freeware. And FWI I have a site too so lets kill that idea on how "YOU DONT EITHER" crap. But if you don't like their site ranting and raving here about it will get you nowhere here but a bad starting reputation in this forums.

Last edited:
Why is it ok to complain about Jointed Rail, a good reputable site with the content of the highest quality, and sound like a brat when you do it, but it is not ok to complain about a bona-fide crook without getting censored?

P.S Jointed Rail just a small issue with your registration email part. After I finished filling out the registration section and clicking register it will say enter a valid email. Lol that is my email. I kept retyping even went to make sure I remember my own email right which I was right so, I did retryed once more and samething happened. So if you could fix that fluke I would be so so happy. Thanks :)

Last edited:
Some of the "howling mob" out there on the internet is quick to burn down property. Jointed Rail has to protect its website.

ok guys, i don't even know what you all mean by token anyway. its frustrating to hear this i am sure, but when i did a test register it sent me an email with all my info, and a link to activate. i hit the link and i was in, no problems at all. i even went to account manager and changed my password and all of that worked well too. if you are having trouble, send your username to me i will try to reset it. dont tell me here ill forget by the time this gets posted.

It sounds like with the token piece being an issue the user may have already had an account on the previous version of the site thus creating this issue.

I would suggest putting a support ticket on the help desk on the JR site if its a problem still and it could get looked at.

I was not using this as a way too get Jointed Rail ticked off, but it was to see if people where experiencing the same as I did and point out to Jointed Rail the Problem. The new site is very good design for holding the highest of content though the registration just to download freeware is crazy

Key to sites!

I have, MANY TIMES, had problems with password/E mail address, all I did was to fire an E mail to he company concerned. Result:- SORTED in ONE DAY. The only one I have had many probs, with never will get better, DLS!!! So do not lose your rag for trivialities!! P.S. my download speed causes many of the problems, 4kb/s, via Vodafone celnet link!:hehe:

Back