What Trainz Route would YOU have as your Model Railroad?

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
Earlier this week, I began thinking about what model railroad I would want to build. Would it be a railroad heading through mountainous terrain? What about a small railroad serving a few industries in a small area? What about a shortline that serve several small towns on flat, rolling terrain? Then I realized that the answer was sitting on my lap: The majority of my Trainz routes I make are basically what fills one of the ideas I had for my model railroad. Here's the list of routes that are my favorite:
Detroit Connecting
Highland Valley
Wadalbavale to Karrah Bay (the one that connects to a double-track mainline)
I focus on the Highland Valley route more on the branchline than the mainline. I also have industries on the branchline and around the railyard at the bottom of the mountain, where the branchline begins.
On the Wadalbavale to Karrah Bay route, I do the same as I do as the Highland Valley route: focus on the industries along the branchline instead of the mainline.

I was wondering what Route whould you like to have as a model railroad. Here's the requirements in order for the Route to qualify:
1. The route MUST come pre-installed on Trainz
2. It can be ANY route from ANY edition of Trainz (Trainz 2004, Trainz Classics, etc.)
3. The model railroad MUST have something that is found on the route (i.e. the double-track mainline around the mountain on the Highland Valley route)
4. You can have the route/model railroad set in any country, and/or measurement (Metric, Imperial (Feet, Inches, etc.), and/or scale (HO scale, Z scale, etc.) that you can choose from before you begin making your own route from scratch (USA, France, etc.)
5. For this rule, consider the route as a model railroad: the layout must be a size that you can build and can complete in your life.
6. If you want to have a model railroad that you feel is large enough that it will violante rule #5, you could this: layout could be a model railroad club's own layout, a layout that is built for various places (i.e. a train-themed resturant, a hobby shop, etc.), or a 'modular' model railroad, like those you see at model railroad conventions

I hope that there's someone else that has thought about turning a Trainz route into their model railroad. If you reply to this blog, include the name of the route it has in Trainz, and what edition(s) of Trainz they come pre-installed in.

Even before I started playing Trainz, I all ways had a soft spot for the CSX Saginaw Sub. Which is built in to TRS10. So when I had TRS06 and I saw that route was now a built in route I got excited.

I still have plans to one day build a representation of that line. The real Saginaw sub, not poorly built one by Chrisracer, has mostly single track. But it has large switching areas such as the auto plan in Wixom Mi. The line crosses the CN Holly sub in Holly MI and then interchanges with CN in Flint MI. If I where to build the Sag, I would build it in the basement of a house as a multi level route, meaning that at one end there would be a helix taking your train up or down to the next level. I would include the yard in Flint at one end, and at the other I would have the large auto plan in Wixom.
I would back date the route to the mid 1940's, when it was part of the Pere Marquette railroad, letting me run big Berkshire 2-8-4's. But I would build it in such away as to allow me to quickly swap out buildings to have op-session ether in the 40's or all the way up to today.
Most likely I would do HO scale. But if the space where more limited, then I would do N scale. I figure a 20x30 or larger basement would do all right, or a 2 car garage with the layout hugging the walls. The layout after all would be built against the wall, so you would walk into the room and be surrounded by layout.

Back