What railroads/museums do you volunteer for?

picture

Hello Everyone,

Wow... I must say it has been a while since I have last been on the Auran forums. Anyways, I know there are quite a bit of volunteer railroaders out there on the forums. I will soon join the ranks of volunteer railroaders: I am joining the Sacramento Southern Railroad, the excursion railroad for the California State Railroad Museum, in January 2012. I'm going into MoW and the Car Shop Dept.

So my question to others is: What railroads/museums do you volunteer for and what is your job(s)?

-Matt

I am at the West Oakland Railroad Museum all most every weekend. And I am a member of the Michigan Steam Railroading Institute. But due to work and what not I haven't been able to make it up there much.

At Wast Oakland I do just about every thing. Some times I am Dispatcher, some times I am working the yard, some times I am on the road. But most of the time I am train master. Keeping every thing running and what not. When closed I do maintenance on track, rolling stock and locomotives. I also help with wiring and laying new track.

Here's our web site: http://www.chi-townunionstation.org/index.htm

And I have tons of videos on Youtube under my user name, which is the same as it is here.

Puffing Billy Railway in the Dandenongs near Melbourne.

These days I'm mainly involved in helping with the redevelopment of the museum at Menzies Creek :)

Zec

I've considered volunteering for the Southeastern Railway Musem, but never got around to finishing the application!

Back