What Happened to General Trainz?

The matter is of no interest to me so pointless to reply further. Previous post deleted and will delete any of my previous posts that I may come across on this topic as of no further interest to me! B
The fact that I have found and still find the matter very interesting is in itself very interesting.....at least to me...perhaps one would have to concede that whether the forums are more or less interesting is just a matter of personal interest.....:cool:

When was I active on this forum?
Well...., way back when the first TRS came out.
And yes, things have changed from then. So has the world. So has the internet.
Back then we were developing Trainz, some things hadn't been invented yet and we probably even tried doing things that where impossible.
Now, some 9 years on, you cannot expect to have the same general atmosphere we had way back when. First of all, there's at least 1000% more users.
It's nice to be back on this forum... and see what's been going on. You can still find what you're looking for if you try.

While reading this thread, I noticed something. I saw a lot of posters with the date stamp "Nov 2006" (Which is when the original forum went through the floor if I remenber correctly). Not only that, but I saw Sourdough and Barry, two posters I, myself, have not seen in a while.

I have been a member of the forums since late 2005 when I had trouble downloading custom content for 1.3. Back then, I had the extremely helpful Robin_hoods guiding me through the patching to Build 277. I have been on and off of the forums over the years, I didn't come back while I had no functioning computer back in late 2007, returned early 2008 and noticed a change in the attitudes of posters. I think that was around the time that Alastair died and his memorial thread came about.:( It got over thirty pages and hit sticky status (and was in this forum by memory).
I left once again (due to laziness) late 2008 and returned about May this year (at least I think it was May). Once again, I noticed a shift in the attitudes of posters. I also noticed that the influx of new threads had slowed dramatically. I remember announcing my City of Morgan layout for TC1+2 in mid '08. I had to make a new post in the thread once a day to keep it on the first page of the Freeware Announcements forum. When I came back mid this year, I posted in the Japanese Projects thread in the Freeware Announcements forum and watched over about a week its descent to near the bottom of the first page.

It is possible to find what you want and if you can't, you can post and you will get a prompt and informative response.

Thank you for this thread (a break from the usual Trainz topics) and making me feel quite old.:cool:

Last edited:
Back