what graphics card would be good?

bjudd85

Recently I've had my Trainz 12 updated and tried to play one of the sessions for Mojave subdivision, but it seems to lag or freeze when another train appears. I'm determined that I need a good graphics card for this, anyone have suggestions on what specs for a new one I should get?

I'd suggest a quad core processor and a graphics card with GDDR5 memory. I use a quad core AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 3.4Ghz and an EVGA GTX 550Ti FPB and Trainz runs pretty smooth.

Recently I've had my Trainz 12 updated and tried to play one of the sessions for Mojave subdivision, but it seems to lag or freeze when another train appears. I'm determined that I need a good graphics card for this, anyone have suggestions on what specs for a new one I should get?
What do you have in your computer right now? That would be a start, to determine what you might need. Memory installed, CPU, Graphics card, type of hard drive.

Recently I went to help a friend fix a strange problem whereby all his games were becoming unplayable due to sluggishness. He's got a mid-range 6850 but is running some version of Catalyst from 2012. Simply updating his drivers fixed the problem.

It might seem trivial, but keeping your graphics drivers up to date lets you get the most out of your card. Nvidia and AMD these days make it very easy because one software package covers all their products.

Ok here's what I have: AMD Quad Core A6-3620 accelerated processor, 6gb DDR3, AMD Radeon HD 6530D(built in graphics), this is what I have. The graphics show up pretty good but sometimes theres lag when another train appears. so I feel that I should add a good graphics card to this.

What kind of computer are you using? Opening an OEM box to perform an upgrade (ie. HP or Dell) may void your warranty. Otherwise, the 7850 goes great with your hardware and won't break the bank.

Ok here's what I have: AMD Quad Core A6-3620 accelerated processor, 6gb DDR3, AMD Radeon HD 6530D(built in graphics), this is what I have. The graphics show up pretty good but sometimes theres lag when another train appears. so I feel that I should add a good graphics card to this.
the built in graphics may be the bottleneck.

Your CPU looks more than adequate, but onboard integrated graphics will almost always struggle with TS12.
Suggest purchase a discrete video card with 2Gb or more onboard RAM after consulting this handy list from Tom's Hardware: - (The Graphics Card Hierarchy Chart.)
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html
As you will see, several very capable cards are quite affordable that are MANY levels above your HD 6530D in terms of performance.
Just check that your motherboard had the necessary space/ slots for adding a new graphics card and that your power supply unit (PSU) has enough horsepower to drive it.
Cheers!
PC

hi bjudd85. i am running TS12. Im not very computer smart i had problems with lag and freeze and sluggishness .I went to my local computer shop and told the problem. he suggested a new graphics card . he put in a ASUS GEFORCE GTX 650 TI . cost me 235.00 australian dollars and fitted it for me .I have no lag or freeze or sluggishness. I was going to buy new computer just for trainz .but like i said im not computer smart . regards Rod

in order to get good results you need atleast nvidia gtx 650 or amd radeon 7770 to get smooth trainz any thing below this will not be good for ts 12
i am using msi gtx 650 with core i3 3220 and 4gb ram and my frame rates remain 30 + on heaviest route

hi bjudd85. i am running TS12. Im not very computer smart i had problems with lag and freeze and sluggishness .I went to my local computer shop and told the problem. he suggested a new graphics card . he put in a ASUS GEFORCE GTX 650 TI . cost me 235.00 australian dollars and fitted it for me .I have no lag or freeze or sluggishness. I was going to buy new computer just for trainz .but like i said im not computer smart . regards Rod

go for it but i recommend gtx 650 ti boost edition
btw he is giving gpu lil expensive .its price should be max 160 to 170 $

The GT640 is the better of the two but I would not advise either for playing games to respectable standard. Something above the Radeon 7770 would be sufficient.

The GTX 550Ti FPB is above the GT 640 and the GTX 650 cards. But the GTX 650Ti and 650Ti boost edition are probably above the GTX 550Ti FPB

Back