What did you Get for Christmas?

Sinterklaas was nice and left a Lego train when he visited.
2012-12-22-16-25-34.jpg

2012-12-22-16-28-00.jpg

There is something about a physical object that the virtual worlds we create and play in can't quite simulate.

And that goes for those near and dear to you too. While enjoying your presents is fine, don't forget to take a moment to give them a hug and let them know how much they mean to you.

I bought alot of good presents for people, gifts that are really of worth, that are needed by the persons. Like coats, gloves, coffee ... etc ... and other useful things

I got alot of useless junk, like: 6 pack RR video tapes, 2 RR 500 piece Jig Saw Puzzels, A "take a train" card game, a Chinese Chocolate ChooChoo, and a bottle of Koops Spicy mustard from the Dollar Store.

I did get an expensive Krueg waffle maker, a bottle of Vampire Pinot Nior, and a silicone oven mit, from some other imaginative families, that I oftentimes dog sit for.

Last edited:
I love em, but it seems that since my family figured out I'm a railfan, they just get me any thing with a train on it.... LOL

I got:
A Nokia Lumina :cool:
Farming Simulator 2013 (Don't ask, I like Simulators!)
A few premium model buses (I collect those)
Some books
Another Yearly FCT
A harmonica
Some DVD's
And £140

We got a new home for Christmas! We finally were able to move from New Jersey to South Carolina. I got an awesome job and I'm very thankful for my new life.
Oh and I got an RC Helicopter.

I'm trying to get back into Trainz after a year or so and it's hard. :)

Darn, my website is old. I'll need to look around and update the source.

Wow, that is what i call a present and I great move!
SC that is a beautiful state, only good memories old ones but very good ones. Daufuskie island one of my favorite, but now its Trainz that rules my life and not 1 second feel sorry about it, great friends, great community.
RC chopper well can you mount a camera and take aerial shots??
Where in SC you'd move?

Happy new year in your new home!

Roy:wave:

Sniper a lump of coal we can use here now. For a few days the wind is raging from the mountains here as The Himalaya's finally share some cold snaps 1 month to late.
Temps drop till 21C or 70F but the wind chill is enormous and soon we need to put the little thai charcoal stove near my feet to warm up and not "freeze"

happy trainzing 2013

Roy

The Greenville area. We're renting in Easley currently, and looking for a perm. home. It's cold here but beautiful. The people are wonderful. Life is much more laid back then the upper East Coast. it's all about family, rather then money and how much you can work. I can't wait to retire but I have a few years left. :)
I'm looking for a tiny camera, yes. LOL, How'd you know?

A new reinstall of my Windows XP, after saving as many assets on CD-Rs that I could, A one year FCT, The Blue Comet addon, 200 CD-Rs, my insurance bill, two studded snow tires, A hundred dollar bill (To pay for the first three), a bad case of hartburn, and a role of Tums! -Robert-:p

Last edited:
Restoring my faith back in mankind ...

What good have you done this year ?

A man walked up to me, and said he had a flat tire on his truck. I helped him remove the shreaded tire ... and I had a similar 15 year old spare tire that had a plug in it, that we swapped out on his truck rim. It got him going back on the road ... But now I had no spare tire ! Unexpectedly ... six months later, the guy shows up again ... and returns my beat up old spare tire, good as new.

As I arrived at the local Shoprite food store (in Antarctica), I noticed a big overstuffed backpack brimming full of camping/survival equipment on the sidewalk, with a big pit bull/shepard mix dog laying on top of it, as if guarding his masters belongings. I examined the situation carefully, and asked passerby's what was going on with a big dog chained outside of the supermarket. A man exited the store and dropped of a box of milk bone dog biscuits at the feet of the puzzled dog. Being a human male, I did not approach the big female dog, as human males are general feared by feral dogs, over that of women. Several people approached the large dog, and I warned them not to try to touch the dog, as a precaution. I stood guard, very close by, and kept insisting that no one try to get near the dog, and his missing masters backpack. I soon learned that the dogs master had been arrested for shoplifting in the store, as the local (Antarctican) police arrived on scene. I talked with the police and told them I would be safeguarding the dog, and keeping people away, until the dogs master was brought outside in handcuffs. I talked with the police, and the man, about who to contact, and the police informed me that the a citation and fingerprinting would take @ 1 hour, and I offered to pay for the mans stolen food damages to the store. The cops were very nice and remarked that very few people would do for a complete stranger, what I had offered to do.

The confused big dog saw his master being put into the cop car, and tried to go to his master, but the heavy backpack refused to drag away. The dog whimpered pathetically as the man was driven away in custody. I had assured the owner that I would not abandon the dog, and would watch over him, for no matter how long, until he was released, and returned back to the poor confused dog. Dozens of people donated dog biscuits to me, and I fed the dog for well over an hour, while chatting with several good looking lady shoppers that passed by, We had a back up plan set with a store employee, that has 2 1/2 acres of fenced in land, that she would take the dog indefinitely, just in the event that the owner was held indefinitely, and could not return.

Eventually the man was returned to the store after booking, and I told the cop that I would get the man and the dog out of town. The cop said:"We don't usually look kindly to this offense, but are making a special exception, as someone stepped forward to help this man and his dog". A lady gave him a $20 bill, as we left town. The owner informed me that he was just hungry, and was en route to the North (Antarctican) Badlands, to stay with some friends that he knew (the place where all the worst of the worst penguins, and most dangerous of the ferocious leopard seals live). I gave this complete stranger and his dog, a ride to that location, and dropped him off ... and I hope they are both OK. I told him of a place that was hiring, and put a good word in with the boss there, to give him a job. I had asked him: "What did you steal" ... "You were stealing doggie biscuits weren't you" ? "No I was eating some of them stuffed manicottie's from the hot bar, for myself, when a security guard sneeked up on me ... but those things were really good too" ! I said: "All you had to do was ask someone for help" ... "and they would have fed you and the dog" ! Evidently he is a free soul and a train hopper, and is a semi annual transient person, that hops freights, and all his friends are also hobo's too. I kind of envy him ... as I always wanted to be a hobo.

Last edited:
Christmas presents day is on the 25th December in Australia - so I am dropping hints for:
UPS Kit
Farcry 3
Battlefield 4
New gaming mouse
Bottle 101 Wild Turkey to celebrate T2

I might bring up that the up coming event ... is all about the birth of a child (savior) .. and none of us are the little Christ child ... the one that was brought precious oils, fragrances, parsley, sage rosemary, thyme, frankincense, and muir ... I can not think of any one gift that I would ask (aside from a winning powerball lottery ticket for 375 million dollars).

I want no Ipod, no Ipad, no small PC, no Alienware PC ... I can not think of any one thing that I really want ... other than to be 17 again ... and have my health back.

And for Ning and his family, to have wholesome meals ... right at my dinner table

I wish I could complete my life ... and get my routes done in Trainz ... and release them to the public.

Last edited:
DCC Controller
Starbucks Double Dark Cocoa Blend
LEGO Inspiration book
Anchorman
Elf
Anchorman book (yes there is a book)
and the icing on the cake:

...an actual RR Crossbuck, courtesy of Grand Elk Railroad.

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/search.php?searchid=1208479

I revived this thread (and 172 previous "Merry Christmas" threads ... feel freely to bump any one of the 140 old "Merry Christmas" threads, instead of starting a brand new, lame, "Merry Christmas" thread) as surely very soon, one and all will post bragging of what "They Got" for Christmas, in Christ's sake

In my case I "got" a dead dog, the death of a dear close friend, run over by a Christmas package UPS delivery truck ... full of pagan Christmas gifts

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?125702-HAPPY-TRAINZMAS&p=1469272#post1469272

Frankincense is a white resin or gum. It is obtained from a tree by making incisions in the bark and allowing the gum to flow out. It is highly fragrant when burned and was therefore used in worship, where it was burned as a pleasant offering to God (Exodus 30:34). Frankincense is a symbol of holiness and righteousness. The gift of frankincense to the Christ child was symbolic of His willingness to become a sacrifice, wholly giving Himself up, analogous to a burnt offering.

Myrrh was also a product of Arabia, and was obtained from a tree in the same manner as frankincense. It was a spice and was used in embalming. It was also sometimes mingled with wine to form an article of drink. Such a drink was given to our Savior when He was about to be crucified, as a stupefying potion (Mark 15:23). Matthew 27:34 refers to it as “gall.” Myrrh symbolizes bitterness, suffering, and affliction. The baby Jesus would grow to suffer greatly as a man and would pay the ultimate price when He gave His life on the cross for all who would believe in Him

The baby Jesus was actually born in the summer months, and if gold was actually given ... Mary and Joseph would have upgraded from a donkey stable full of straw and camel dung, to the Jerusalem Hilton penthouse suite

So why do we exchange Christmas presents in the name of the birth date of Jesus ... in December ? Are you the equivalent to the Christ Child ... or are you "Getting" gifts as a commercial advertisement scam by corporations who profit annually off of Christmas, and Black Friday ?

Let me give you some Frankincense and Myrrh as a gift

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?125700-Merry-Christmas&p=1469253#post1469253

Sure ... I "Got" all my relatives candy and traditional stocking stuffing gifts ... my Mom, born in 1917 was lucky to get a single orange in their Christmas stocking during the "Great Depression"... and I ask for nothing in return, except that I outlive "My" Chihauhua dog ... so I know that he is taken care of ... and is not let out to roam, to get run over by the speeding Christmas UPS truck ... full of pagan Christmas gifts

Last edited:
Hi guys.
I got the best present ever for Christmas - a Sprite Scout caravan , not new but in good nick, now we can enjoy some time in the bush and in caravan parks, fishing, relaxing, hunting and whatever we fancy during our pension days .

Back