Weird thing happened tonight......

autodctr

Working on latest "creation", a 600 base layout. 42 trains running. No AI....everything is manually controlled. Everything was working fine, so I decided to do another building and another train. Got everything done, put train (loco and about 30 cars) on track. Saved it. Went back into driving and started the new train moving. Saw a tree that I had missed on the track adjacent to the track that I was looking at, so I went into Surveyor 1 and moved it. Back into driving, but my loco was gone! The rest of the consist was there and moving slowly, but no loco. So, back into S1 and looked. No loco. Also, consist had separated in about the middle! I tried moving the 2 pieces of the consist back together, but neither one could be moved. However, the caboose could be moved. It could even be moved as though the rest of the consist wasn't there! I could move it right through the consist: where ever I moved it, even to the middle of a group of cars, it would sit right there, kinda superimposed.

I saved and exited the program and went back in......same thing as before. Exited again, and exited Win11. Went back into Win and then Trainz, loaded what I had just saved. Now, everything back to normal. What gives? Any ideas?

All I can suggest is to make a separate backup copy of your route just in case something goes wrong. So many people don't have a separate backup copy of their work and lose everything.

Since the difference was that you restarted Win11, I would say that it was probably some background processes eating up your RAM resources. Maybe Win11 was doing the monthly telemetry dump to Microsoft?

Since the difference was that you restarted Win11, I would say that it was probably some background processes eating up your RAM resources. Maybe Win11 was doing the monthly telemetry dump to Microsoft?
32G of 4600 RAM, so I doubt that was the issue. And Trainz is the ONLY thing that I use Win for.....Linux for everything else including typing this reply.

32G of 4600 RAM, so I doubt that was the issue. And Trainz is the ONLY thing that I use Win for.....Linux for everything else including typing this reply.
It doesn't matter, a crash can happen at any moment and for no apparent reason. The only way out is to make backups.
There are a lot of threads about this. This is a very recent: https://forums.auran.com/threads/absolute-and-total-disaster.177691/

And congratulations to all Australians on the beginning of winter! Don't forget to prepare your skis and skates! :)

It doesn't matter, a crash can happen at any moment and for no apparent reason. The only way out is to make backups.
There are a lot of threads about this. This is a very recent: https://forums.auran.com/threads/absolute-and-total-disaster.177691/

And congratulations to all Australians on the beginning of winter! Don't forget to prepare your skis and skates! :)
I always have back-ups.......been playing with computers since 1976. Not only do I have several back-ups here, but there is also a complete back-up of everything at my mom's place. If this house burns to the ground, I still have all my stuff saved at another location.

How can you possibly have 42 consists running MANUALLY without using A.I.???
28 are each on their own tracks. The other 14 are on the main track which is 156 miles in length. On the main track, I start each train one at a time. First train gets speed set at about 40-45 MPH. Second train at same speed or 1 MPH slower, So on and so on until all 14 are moving. Occasionally, I have to adjust the speed to make them all get closer to each other and prevent the first train from running into the back of the last train. But, I usually can make at least 2 laps of the 156 miles before having to do that.

BTW: I love all the stuff you have created!

Back