WC Shotz

Very nice....In fact...The WC 3009 came in on the SB train into Wausau last night :)

Not so good of a day today in Fond du Lac as it was pretty cloudy and the skies looked like rain....Our train today was a coal train heading south out of Fond du Lac

Here is a shot of our lead power

A shot from the cab as you can see we have a red board to wait for a CN train to come passing on thru the yard

As the CN train got near....I got out of our train and did a ground shot of the 2 trains

I then went back up in our train and shot these 3 shots of the CN train

With the CN train in the clear we wait till we get a signal to go

While I was out shooting this pic...The signal turned yellow and it was time to go

A train fan was at a RR crossing waiting for us to zip on by....At the FDL yard he came up to the train and asked us when we were going to leave to let him know to get ahead of us to do a run by....and this is what he shot

3 Shots, all taken on the CN Holly Sub (which is freezing! :p):
CN-HS-1.jpg

CN-HC-2.jpg

CN-HC-3.jpg

Tom :)

Here are some shots of a WC train I ran and did a crew change with a CN crew.....Odd place to swap crews :hehe:

With a consist straight out of the 90's.....We catch a 6 unit WC ex-BN coal train tackling the big bad hill of Byron :wave:

Well another day out at Byron.....We got wind that a set of ex-BN SD45's and Algoma Central SD40-2's will be painted into WC colors....Well we were hoping that maybe we could catch a few BN trains today before they do paint them to the WC maroon and cream....We set out on Byron Hill to wait for our first train.....
To our surprise our first train was a set of helpers....And for a REAL treat...It was a set that was on its way to Fond du Lac to get a fresh coat of the WC paint...Both units will get the WC paint job

Few weeks later we then headed back to Byron Hill to see if we could catch some of them newly painted WC trains....Well the first train we saw was the WC 6505 in the new WC paint....It was that same ex-BN 6505 that we seen a while back but this time this one was in the WC colors

As the years went on we kept on fanning the WC around this area....A WC conductor of mine said that they will be upgrading some of the newer WC SD45's...With that in mind we then went back again to Byron Hill to catch some more of the WC action......Upon arriving at the hill we were treated to our good ol friend WC 6505 BUT this time it was not 6505.....It was 7505....it was one of the upgraded WC SD45's which then they give the first number one higher up as though this is now the 7505....

Well now ya'll know how the WC got some of their units and yet how they are numbered and got renumbered.....Till next time :wave:

A couple more shots:
WC-CT-1.jpg

A loaded coal train departs.
And one from MSTS:
WC-Grain.jpg

Two F45's depart with a loaded grain train.

Tom :)

FINALLY!!!!! BACK INTO ACTION!!!!!! DING!!!!!!!! Round 12.....:hehe:

Nice pix...I'll have to get some up....:hehe:

Today we wanted to chase the L3233 the Shawano turn that is based out of Neenah and runs up to Shawano

Here we catch the L3233 just outside of Neenah

At Black Creek where the GBW crosses the WC at grade we catch the daily GBW train from Green Bay on its way towards Plover

With the WC into the picture now we see him stomping over the GBW diamond...Soon the GBW will no longer be running thru this town and this line will soon be gone

Stopped here in Shawano...The train makes a quick pick up of some paper work that was dropped off by the Shawano Paper mill to set out and pick up what cars to work out at the mill

With this being the last pic...We then headed to K Mart which is right behind us to do some shopping before heading home.....Next time we will catch him working the mill and maybe catch the GLFD train that runs from Gladstone MI to Fond du Lac WI.......Till next time :wave:

Back