WARNING - INFECTED FR TRAINZ WEB SITE

meatloaf747

Spotter...
WARNING - DON'T CLICK ON THIS LINK......

Originally Posted by bassist118
While downloading some trainz content from a site (sorry but I can't remember which one) I got a message saying I had 41 infections on my PC and a pop up started downloading Antivirus 2009 onto my comp and there was no way to stop it. Windows defender gave a high malware warning about this program and it has proved nigh impossible to remove and it busy screwing my PC up. It seems the mafia are reamerging as online protection outfits sending the virus as a antivirus program then demanding you pay to register then sending you the antidote.

I've waisted valuable route building time trying to fix this problem, other trainzers please keep an eye out (this may have been around for a while but this is the first time I've came across it, so sorry if this is old news but prevention is better than a cure,)

Hope you don't have the same problems.

Andy ;)

Lerner trainzer

Gidday Andy,
I have found the site you are talking about...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DReinares
Where did you found the catenary ?;)

http://www.fratrainz.com/

WARNING; Don't click on the above link...

If you click on this link, it takes you to a French based Trainz web site. If you click on the 'English' icon you immediately start to download either spyware or a virus........ (this is no joke).

Links appear on this posting...
http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showt...?t=5515&page=4
(Eight posting down on this tread; DReinares)

There are two web links that appear under "DReinares" image when he does a posting... I don't know if someone has hijacked his web site, or whether he has done this himself....
Hopefully it's not the latter....
Cheers, Mac... 30/07/2008

Last edited:
Warning: Do not click these big links that I've bolded and am pointing to! Whatever you do, don't click these links!

You just know somebody's going to do it out of morbid curiosity :p

Kidding aside, thanks for the heads-up. People need to be alerted to this kind of stuff.

Good side to the post is the heads up and warning for the community.

But really, the bells and whistles around not clicking on a certain link.....then actually providing the link is as useful as ashtray on a motorbike. :eek:

Maybe "unlinking" it but leaving the url name be the go.

Have advised DReinares.....

I've PM'ed & e-mailed DReinares just incase he is not aware that his site may have been hi-jacked - infected.
Cheers, Mac.

Forest Runner; I purposely put the link to the web site in the post.
Those that want to look at the site should be OK. It's only when you 'click on' the 'English icon' that the so called Anti-virus 2009 installs itself.
(From a young age, I was taught that sometimes curiousity kills the cat)...... Cheers mate.

Last edited:
No reply...

I never heard back from this dude "DReinares" so I can only assume that he purposely setup his web site to auto install this so called 'Anti-Virus 2009' onto your computer once you clicked on the 'English Icon'....
For 5+ years I have been looking at (& downloading from 3rd party Trainz web sites) and this is the first time I have come across a Trainz website that auto install's software on your computer/infect your computer.
Hopefully it's the last.......
Cheers, Mac.

Last edited:
The username is question (DReinares) has not been active since Jul 30, 2008. One month ago, in other words he hasnt been here since then he would not have gotten then PM. Did you try contacting via Email or any other means?:eek:

EDIT: After looking at the date of the last messages in this thread you might be correct. But I have seen people who are highly active disapear for long periods of time. He might be ignoring you but still try other means of communication with him.

Cheers,
Adam

Last edited:
Don't panic, guys. Dreinares is Daniel Reinares and has been a responsible young trainzer for years now.

If if comes up at IBTZ (a member there), we'll tell him. Maybe he's on vacation now, since he's a student.

It appears to be that his website has been infected by an outer malware. It happened to our site (IBerTrainZ) too in the past. We had to disinfect it all over.

This situation is unwanted and not possible to prevent by webmasters but by webhosting servers themselves by using overall filters. This kind of malware attacks sites on the webhsoting and includes malware scripts (on the .html , .asp or .php files) that redirect or connect viewers to other sites with undefined or not-so-good intentions.

We'll be aware of this,

The goodware side of Alberte :wave:

Last edited:
Back