viruses, malware

bl4882

Hello all,

Before I ask my question let me say I take it for granted that no Trainzer would intentionally load an asset with some sort of malware - that didn't come from anything on the DLS, but I guess a recent bout with a particularly nasty virus prompts my question. Accidents do happen.

Before an asset is loaded on the DLS, does Auran scan it for viruses? I think I know the answer but just need a little reassurance.

BL :wave:

Your own PC

And be sure your own PC is fully protected. Use McAfee or Norton Full Suites plus Spybot and BOClean (both free).

Angela

Hi Bl !

About the DLS: This is not very likely, because You need a program (Trainz) to install the files on Your computer. It can handle CDP's and such, but it have no idea of what to do with viruses.

Outside of DLS: It's possible, if the trainz files You download includes an 'installer' (.exe fil)

There can be something else : We just had a problem with some files from Russia, when installed, crashed TRS2004. This had nothing to do with virus, but was the use of the wrong exporter, and some 'tinkering' with the config.txt file in the assets.

The best way to do this, is to following Angelah's advice and (as i can see You allready do) use some common sence of what You're doing with Your computer.

Have a nice Easter-holliday all!

Al.

Back