Video/audio problem

Gandalf0444

FVRR member
For some reason now NONE of my itunes son will play,or videos. I can still watch movies etc that are online,such as youtube. But I cannot watch videos that are on my computer becasue i will simply be looking at a "still" for the duration of the movie. And for music etc, it just simply won't play.
I guess that virus had a big impact:'( :confused: :( :'( I guess I better start bcking up my stuff. Seeing as the parents don't want to buy a new computer. I reallydon't see what the problem is,this is actually only my second computer.:'( :confused:
But if you think you may have any solutions I would greatly appreceite it.
Thanks.
G

Can you give us the specified name of the virus?:confused:

I have a good freind that worked for HP that may be able to help you. He knows a lot of good virus removing programs. He saved my computer.

I wish you the best of luck.:)

Cheers,
Adam

It was a trojanhorsegeneric,AVG found it and got rid of it but I think it infected some of the windows files before it got removed. Which in turn I believe took some of the Windows files with it to deletion....

Have you tried using the system restore utility? This can restore your windows files, NOT your program files or documents, to a previous state.

If you get any error messages when you try these things that fail, post them here. Someone might be able to decipher them.

John

Well as of right now its working,but if it happens again,with my luck it will,I will get the error. And since my computer is still not running great at all I wouldn't put it past that it will either happen again,or something new will arise...
Thanks for all your help.
*shuffles back to backing up the sacred trainz content*

Well as of right now its working,but if it happens again,with my luck it will,I will get the error. And since my computer is still not running great at all I wouldn't put it past that it will either happen again,or something new will arise...
Thanks for all your help.
*shuffles back to backing up the sacred trainz content*

10-4 on backing up your Trainz content before you do the restore/backup to a previous day as this process will totally screw up Trainz. Don't ask me how I know, I don't want ah talk about it.:eek:

Well it appears my computer has taken another turn for the worse:confused: :'(
Now If I play any sort of game the game might work for a bit,then it will suddenly freeze rock solid,leaving me stranded and can't get out to the desktop. OR sometimes the game will kindly bring me back to the desktop.
Sometimes I can have barely anything running and my CPU usage will spike to about 90% So when I open any game I'm assuming that sends it through the roof(or at least to the ceiling) I started backing up content. However I am hoping for someone to lend a hand,and hopefully something that can help me recover from this....I have really not a clue what to do anymore. I have tried everything that I can think of that may have caused it. I restored the computer to an earlier date and it's still screwed...So I am just short of scrapping it,reinstalling windows,and bringing it to the computer techs which will cost me an arm and a leg.

Sorry to be the bearer of more bad news, but if you had one virus then the likelihood is that you have more. Does AVG turn up any more?

If not, then I suggest that you put all of your personal documents/game saves/trainz custom content onto removable media/portable hard drive, and take it into work and let the work computer run a virus scan on it. This should remove any viruses in that, and then you can reinstall windows on your machine and put all of the personal stuff etc back on knowing that it is not infected.

I have done spyware and virus scan,and both turned up with nothing:eek: :eek: :confused:
I guess that could be a good thing. But last night I was in trainz for 30 minutes with no crashing. I don't know if it just decided not go and crash,that time. So I will go into trainz and mess around and see how long it goes for and if it crashes.

System File Checker

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/archive/wfp.mspx

A command-line utility called System File Checker (SFC.EXE) allows an Administrator to scan all protected files to verify their versions

Try running SFC /SCANNOW

It will check your windows files.

Viruses and Trojans have been known to infect restore files. I would just re-install windows over the current installation, before I would do a clean install.

Back