vaporwave related question

Vaporwave, pretty much means digital music
Vaporware, well someone had already mentioned that.. One of the reasons why I dumped a project, because everyone thought it was vaporware!

OK, if vaporwave is digital music, how does that help someone make a banner? Makes zero sense to me.

If vaporwave was just a typing error in vaporware, it still makes zero sense.

The originator of this thread hasn’t returned to explain anything, so perhaps the thread itself is just vapor.

OK, if vaporwave is digital music, how does that help someone make a banner? Makes zero sense to me.

If vaporwave was just a typing error in vaporware, it still makes zero sense.

The originator of this thread hasn’t returned to explain anything, so perhaps the thread itself is just vapor.
Is-Vaporwave-the-next-big-design-trend-for-2023.jpg

sorry i should put refence images more often so everyone can get the point but it should look something like this
i should say this i always vaporwave as in images like above the text i don't mean as in music i mostly meant something like i said again the image above sorry for confusion its a habit

Last edited:
Non existent software. Something promised but never delivered. The question puzzled me since by definition the amount of vaporware could be limitless. 😀

I did wonder if it was a waving banner.
tbh im just making banners for fun now thats pretty much it but do i need to photoshop it or like?

Perhaps if the original poster typed in 'Vaporwave Banner' it would had made more sense
My bad, I didn't finish off what I was saying! Vaporwave means digital music that has been recorded using an organ instrument

Here's another term of Vaporwave digital styled music.
If you have ever watched the movie called Gallipoli, the musician Jean-Michel Jarre created an album called Oxygene back in 1976
this is exactly what vaporwave music means, if that helps ;)

Perhaps if the original poster typed in 'Vaporwave Banner' it would had made more sense
My bad, I didn't finish off what I was saying! Vaporwave means digital music that has been recorded using an organ instrument

Here's another term of Vaporwave digital styled music.
If you have ever watched the movie called Gallipoli, the musician Jean-Michel Jarre created an album called Oxygene back in 1976
this is exactly what vaporwave music means, if that helps ;)
Does that mean it's full of hot air?

It's like a keyboard/synthesizer, I only know more about guitars and drums both of these used to be a favourite hobby of mine
I was punning. ;-)

Nice hobby. I use Sibelius with NotePerformer for playback of classical orchestral and chamber music. The people I'm involved with are looking into Dorico because it offers some better features and is easier to use, so they say. I also studied piano since I was about 7 or 8 and did a year in 2009-2010 as a piano performance major working on a BS in Music.

Is-Vaporwave-the-next-big-design-trend-for-2023.jpg

sorry i should put refence images more often so everyone can get the point but it should look something like this
i should say this i always vaporwave as in images like above the text i don't mean as in music i mostly meant something like i said again the image above sorry for confusion its a habit

So you're privately re-defining a term that refers to a style of music as a term that describes a style of image? I give up.

So you're privately re-defining a term that refers to a style of music as a term that describes a style of image? I give up.
@Dinorius_Redundicus -

He's not. Vaporwave is an inevitably confusing concept, as it does encompass music, visual arts and such, is a complex derivative art form.
The entire Cyberpunk 2077 game is filled with Vaporwave influenced art and music. It also has roots in the concept of Vaporware ! ;)

Visual Aesthetics:

• The visual aspect of vaporwave pays homage to retro-futuristic aesthetics inspired by the 1980s and 1990s.
  • Key visual elements include:
    • Glitch art: Distorted and fragmented imagery.
    • Anime: References to Japanese animation.
    • Stylized Greek sculptures: Think Hellenic statues and pillars.
    • Cyberpunk: Futuristic and dystopian vibes.
    • Late 1990s web design: Early Internet imagery.
    • Neon colors: Often pastel pinks and blues.
    • Italicized fonts: A nod to vintage typography.
    • Commodities and technology: Images related to consumer culture
  • Vaporwave art is a fusion of music, visual art, and culture

Read through the wiki, and you'll see why @Zachary0111 would have a difficult time expressing what it is all about. :giggle:

Vaporwave wiki

Google link to art - Sample art

Youtube link to Vaporwave music. - You can see the art style is pretty consistent for the genre in the YT listings

Rico

I did read it as vaporware and I’ll blame the heavy cold I picked a few days ago.

Banners, maybe neon signs, or futuristic art, etc is possible using Blender and many paint tools. Getting Trainz to render varying materials and their textures is a challenge.

I’d like to see some steampunk assets and routes.

I did read it as vaporware and I’ll blame the heavy cold I picked a few days ago.

Banners, maybe neon signs, or futuristic art, etc is possible using Blender and many paint tools. Getting Trainz to render varying materials and their textures is a challenge.

I’d like to see some steampunk assets and routes.
hmmmm steampunk assests huh? ill look around if there are any gimme around a min or something
not sure you heard but there is a thread about it https://forums.auran.com/threads/steampunk-engines.117893/ think you may be interested in it but there doesn't seem to be a addon assets routes etc etc sorry this is closest i found so far

Last edited:
hmmmm steampunk assests huh? ill look around if there are any gimme around a min or something
not sure you heard but there is a thread about it https://forums.auran.com/threads/steampunk-engines.117893/ think you may be interested in it but there doesn't seem to be a addon assets routes etc etc sorry this is closest i found so far
I was thinking of making some steampunk assets myself somewhat similar to those featured in the Disenchantment animated series on Netflix.

like engines if i may ask?
Pretty much like those mentioned in that thread but maybe more cartoony. That’s an interesting thread but I don’t recall it. Back in 2015 I was heavily involved in TANE testing.

I’ll have to think on this but I think it might have to be based on a tight model railroad route with most assets developed especially for it. Might be fun.

Back