UTC Easter Eggs or Cut Content

griffinjim

Trainz "Veteran"
THE FIRST PART OF THE VIDEO (LAYER 1 TO 5) HAS BEEN FINISHED. THE ICEBERG HAS BEEN EXPANDED AND UPDATED SINCE, PLEASE ADD ON ANY INFORMATION THAT YOU MIGHT KNOW THAT IS NOT HERE

Hi all!
I'm working on a video about UTC's cut content and a bunch of easter eggs it has, and was wondering if anyone knew of any other info to add onto this iceberg I've made for it.
y1QsvzRoQKRjtnDZsrU5xS_jkvPbcVbwxdI-xj-YivjuWHJ_BoFnWOH42dQmbGViwKpHSyp63ztsfYY=s1600-nd-v1

Thanks in advance, you will be credited in the video.:wave:

Last edited:
how about "F7 has Australian QR2100 engine sound"?

ok I knew about some of these. Auran made MSTS assets, Auran Krokodil, detlev20, F7 Hotrod, PEVSoft, but what exactly are the other entries?

Last edited:
I wouldn't consider that a big entry, since the actual engine of a QR2100 sounds very similar IRL.
As for the others, it's for you to discover!

Interesting iceburg! I've went all the way down before and I was curious how cool Trainz would've been like if they would've released the Dash 9 and other unreleased content. As for the enginesound sounds related stuff, I'm still wondering where did the recordings of that generic "electric" sound came from since I used to be alright with it when first got into Trainz and later bother me as I obsess over realism and custom sounds in the later versions.

Last edited:
Hi
I have been wondering too where the default "electric" enginesound came from. Can someone enlighten me on this point?
Nostalgia hits me all over.
Cheers

There was a sar red hen in the original trainz, but it was gone in trs2004. Still had the empty folders for it in 04. Not sure if that's a part of the iceburg.

There was a sar red hen in the original trainz, but it was gone in trs2004. Still had the empty folders for it in 04. Not sure if that's a part of the iceburg.

The Red Hen was there in TRS2004. I used to use that as a stand-in for Budd RDCs until they became available by Magicland and others. I don't know why the fold remained though for the Red Hen even though it was empty.

The red hen is still on the iceberg, however that's because it, it's bogey and Sign rrmines2 are the only edited assets in the game.

This is also another Trainz 2 easter egg: Occasionally when you open the app, it will ask you to rate the app and get a free surprise train which is their Seaboard System GP38-2.

Back