USA Mass Transit/Commuter lines Big Pics

tyard

Post you pics of US commuter railroads, like MBTA. Metro-north, NYCTA, u know, mass transit! Mine below is a freight yard from a route i decided to cancel, please dont critisize it, as i know its bad. I'm still learning some things in surveyor to make good stuff. Note there are my Paintshed MBTA skins, it was the only thing I had to post, and its good to start off
trainyardlc0.jpg

Don't worry about it. Making lousy layouts and throwing them away is how you learn to make good layouts.
Here's a website someone recommended on the old forum: http://www.housatonicrr.com/yard_des.html
This one has tips and ideas for making a realistic model of a yard for actual operation. Very worth studying for your next project.
Keep at it until you get a layout you like, then come back and show us how much you've learned.

:cool: Claude

as i said in my last post, we all started somewhere :D

you will get better, im still learning the tricks, ive been making layout for about 3 years now, and only recently started realsing them

Don't worry about it. Making lousy layouts and throwing them away is how you learn to make good layouts.
Here's a website someone recommended on the old forum: http://www.housatonicrr.com/yard_des.html
This one has tips and ideas for making a realistic model of a yard for actual operation. Very worth studying for your next project.
Keep at it until you get a layout you like, then come back and show us how much you've learned.

:cool: Claude

as i said in my last post, we all started somewhere :D

you will get better, im still learning the tricks, ive been making layout for about 3 years now, and only recently started realsing them
Thanks both of you, now could this thread please get to Mass Tran Screens more than helping me, though i appreciate it!

Okay then....More Mass Transit.

This picture is from a route that I will not post or share here. It's on the AGZ forums under "Amtrak: 2015." Its a route that will feature Mass Transit, High Speed Rail, and Traditional rail. Its a what if route that would simulate if Amtrak got pots of cash from the federal government and was allowed to build a highspeed rail network.

BTW, I did just start the route today, so its grossly incomplete.

subwayN.jpg

Meetingshot.jpg

very cool

CRman, thats the same terminus I use! nice shots! I took one with my MBTA Green Lines, but am yet to resave them to JPG, and bring them from my gaming PC, to my internet Mac. To show my appreciation for my help, feel free to send me an IM. It's just I more started this thread for different things. I'll prob. start a thread for Pitchfork Island, JSECS Content, and other stuff. My old Pitchfork Island thread was before JSECS, so i am to make a new one.

CRman, thats the same terminus I use! nice shots! I took one with my MBTA Green Lines, but am yet to resave them to JPG, and bring them from my gaming PC, to my internet Mac. To show my appreciation for my help, feel free to send me an IM. It's just I more started this thread for different things. I'll prob. start a thread for Pitchfork Island, JSECS Content, and other stuff. My old Pitchfork Island thread was before JSECS, so i am to make a new one.

......what?

What a coincidence I was finishing a route of mine that is a commuter rail, but my computer can't handle making scenery, that and I lack the skill, so if anyone would oblidge in the distant future.

wierd?

what was bad with it? nice shot btw, ill have some MTA, and GO Transit shots soon (i use a diferent comp. 4 TRS, so i gotta use a USB to take shots to/from)

Back