USA and EU Coaches

Hi WEN,

I was aware of the drop-down menu, but the address I use to sign up to the forum isn't the one I'd like to use (confusing or what?!). I've sent the message anyway - with Googlemail you can save it to come back to later, though I imagine that with all of the bigger [that's not really the best description, but you know what I mean] email clients you could do this. :D

The address I used is the same as the address on the "contact BidMod" page on my site.

Thanks again,
BidMod.

like this please the red and cream colour please
http://www.railmaster.co.nz/gallery/images other/SR N BL 1.JPG
also does anyone know that this steamer is around anywhere that is freeware?
http://www.railmaster.co.nz/gallery/images other/DukeYork.jpg
I believe something a bit similar to the second is under development, but it looks to me like an old model loco which were representations rather than anything else, and often had glaring errors like the wrong number of wheels (some well known Thomas models still do). Anyway, there's a thread on the UKTrainz forum, for which you'll need to register to view.

The first is an ex-LMS rake (I still have a rake of coaches identical to that somewhere back home) though they aren't accurate models and have been superceeded, but if you search for 46035 (under username) he might have created a skin - I really can't remember. The reskins he does are using Pikkabird's model, which is now quite old, and as such may not display properly in a high-poly environment.

Oh, and if you haven't already downloaded Andi06's Gresley rake, then you probably should. EDIT: I should probably point out that the coaches on the second shelf in the first pic are Gresleys, hence the reminder.

Finally, you have PM :)

BidMod.

I believe something a bit similar to the second is under development, but it looks to me like an old model loco which were representations rather than anything else, and often had glaring errors like the wrong number of wheels (some well known Thomas models still do). Anyway, there's a thread on the UKTrainz forum, for which you'll need to register to view.

The first is an ex-LMS rake (I still have a rake of coaches identical to that somewhere back home) though they aren't accurate models and have been superceeded, but if you search for 46035 (under username) he might have created a skin - I really can't remember. The reskins he does are using Pikkabird's model, which is now quite old, and as such may not display properly in a high-poly environment.

Oh, and if you haven't already downloaded Andi06's Gresley rake, then you probably should. EDIT: I should probably point out that the coaches on the second shelf in the first pic are Gresleys, hence the reminder.

Finally, you have PM :)

BidMod.

I got the Gresley coachs also the tourist coaches.

do u have a link to uk trainz forum?

Thanks for the help
Jen

Are they a solid model (like JW's and BS's GWR stock) or do they have a modelled interior (like the default MK1s, even if they are a little bit out of shape)?

BidMod.

I do mainly reskins. I do make the occasional mesh which is more designed to be generic and easy to reskin. If you'd like to create the meshes for specific carriages with window cut outs, interiors, running numbers, Blue Star couplings, active doors, single texture files and lod I'd be delighted to arrange some one to skin them. We could definitely help with the research as well. If you could stay within the same order of magnitude for the poly count that would be much appreciated. On the GWR side alone I have around five hundred different specific carriages documented to keep you busy for a day or two. I'm very interested in seeing some of the slip coaches in action which will probably require some scripting.

Cheerio John

I do mainly reskins. I do make the occasional mesh which is more designed to be generic and easy to reskin. If you'd like to create the meshes for specific carriages with window cut outs, interiors, running numbers, Blue Star couplings, active doors, single texture files and lod I'd be delighted to arrange some one to skin them. We could definitely help with the research as well. If you could stay within the same order of magnitude for the poly count that would be much appreciated. On the GWR side alone I have around five hundred different specific carriages documented to keep you busy for a day or two. I'm very interested in seeing some of the slip coaches in action which will probably require some scripting.

Cheerio John

It's a tempting offer, but unfortunately I've yet to get a piece of rolling stock to work in TRS properly. I'm currently working on a grounded coach body (with windows - that's the challenge of this project), which may well have wheels added at a later date, so if I ever get that sorted maybe something more techincal might find itself in BidMod Carriage and Wagon's workshops. That said, at the moment I'm a student, which will always need to take priority, and as such I don't have a great deal of spare time in between the drinking sess' ... erm ... study sessions, yes ;):confused::hehe:

It's a tempting offer, but unfortunately I've yet to get a piece of rolling stock to work in TRS properly. I'm currently working on a grounded coach body (with windows - that's the challenge of this project), which may well have wheels added at a later date, so if I ever get that sorted maybe something more techincal might find itself in BidMod Carriage and Wagon's workshops. That said, at the moment I'm a student, which will always need to take priority, and as such I don't have a great deal of spare time in between the drinking sess' ... erm ... study sessions, yes ;):confused::hehe:

So think of the amount of time it is taking you to do one carriage built to those standards, think of the very large number of possible carriages, throw in the increased load on the machine and you probably understand why there are many more carriages available that don't have all the strings and whistles that you'd like than there are that do. Plus fixing the position of the windows and doors means it is much more difficult to reskin.

Cheerio John

Hi WEN,

I was aware of the drop-down menu, but the address I use to sign up to the forum isn't the one I'd like to use (confusing or what?!). I've sent the message anyway - with Googlemail you can save it to come back to later, though I imagine that with all of the bigger [that's not really the best description, but you know what I mean] email clients you could do this.
I use Outlook for everything, or virtually everything. I usually have all my emails sorted by date (which I can search by name). But anyway, Jennifer and BidMod, if you don't know where the coaches are yet, I have a few things to do first. The desktop (which the version I made I suspect is on) has decided to stop accepting the net, so a format is in order (as it has a few other things), the lappies have their HDs swapped and my mac has gone kaput.

I'll get them sent asap.

I use Outlook for everything, or virtually everything. I usually have all my emails sorted by date (which I can search by name). But anyway, Jennifer and BidMod, if you don't know where the coaches are yet, I have a few things to do first. The desktop (which the version I made I suspect is on) has decided to stop accepting the net, so a format is in order (as it has a few other things), the lappies have their HDs swapped and my mac has gone kaput.

I'll get them sent asap.
no rush take your time.

Back