Uploading routes to DLS

QR1408

I don't see much point in uploading routes to the DLS now. I uploaded 2 a TC and a 2006 version early this year and both needed a few tries, due to the dodgy state of the DLS. I received notifications from Auran that both these routes had been accepted on the DLS, naturally I assumed that they would be OK to download. Since then there has been a lot of hassles with downloading these, some people have been able to others not. Either something went wrong with the files while uploading or while downloading, either way you would expect a little better. After all this isn't some backyard operation is it? I have other routes that are nearing completion and I'm thinking twice about sending them to the DLS, I don't want the same thing all over again.

Yeah well if it isn't I'll be looking elsewhere, not much point spending a lot of time on routes that can't be downloaded.

It is more complicated than it should be. If you have TS2009, check the on DVD manual. Yes it says it's for TRS2006 but it works the same. Use the "Search" function on this forum. Yes I have uploaded to the DLS but I re-learn it each time and am not always successful. You will need a screen shot of the proper size and type. You should also include a description.
If I can more or less do it, you can too.

Lotsa luck

I don't know how they could make it simpler. Select the route and drag it into the upload box. Hit a couple of keys and you are done. Then just remember to approve the upload at Planet Auran a few hours later.

?

What is the Auran upload limit ? If I sent my route un-texrtured, without track, as is it would be a whopping 284mb. Or cut in half, 170mb & 114mb each. A whopping: 4834 baseboards !

Last edited:
What is the Auran upload limit ? If I sent my route un-texrtured, without track, as is it would be a whopping 284mb. Or cut in half, 170mb & 114mb each. A whopping: 4834 baseboards !

I remember reading recently that the limit was 50 megs. I know Angela had a route around the 80 - 90 megs and she couldn't upload it.
As I see it, you could either cut your route/layout into smaller sections, (50 megs or less) upload them to the DLS, then the community could merge those sections if they wanted too.
Alternatively you might be able to find a 3rd party site that will allow you to host your whole route.
Do you have any screen shots of your route. In the 7+ years I've been mucking around with Trainz's, 4834 baseboards LAYOUT is the larges I have ever heard of !!!
I'm really curious as to how detailed the layout is and I'm surprised you haven't hit the 2 gig limit yet !!!
Cheers, Mac...

?

I am wondering how big this will swell to, once I start laying quad mainline for 60 miles, and another 15 miles of double track, and another 50 miles of single track.

Adding textures, buildings and trees would make it rediculously huge in Mb-Gb.

Looks like I'll have to break it up into at least 4 pieces, mergable by future downloaders.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure 50Mb is the normal limit. Larger routes need to be arranged with Auran. It sounds like you have a very large terrain file - is it wider than it needs to be?

Paul

I would definitely remove the unnecessary boards. I try to limit my boards to what can be seen from the driver position above the track.
Mike

Back