Upgrading

Cknmonster

I have been using UTC on my PC for the last three years, but I have finally got around to buying a shiny new copy of TRS2006. Do I need to uninstall UTC from my PC before loading the new version or is it okay to just install, can I keep everything that I have from UTC and is there anything else I need to know? Thanks in advance for any replies.

TRS2006 will load into its own space on your hard drive and will operate independently of any other versions you may have. If your copy of TRS2006 doesn't include SP1, you'll need to download it from Auran and install it also. The installation of SP1 requires a fresh unused install of TRS2006 so you should download SP1 and have it available before you install TRS2006. If you just install TRS2006 and run it just once then get SP1, you'll have to completely uninstall TRS2006 before you can do the SP1 install procedure.

Bob

UTC and TRS2006 can live happily on the same computer. One does NOT overwrite the other.

If you would like to bring your UTC items into TRS2006 then see here

HTH

Dave

TRS2006 will load into its own space on your hard drive and will operate independently of any other versions you may have. If your copy of TRS2006 doesn't include SP1, you'll need to download it from Auran and install it also. The installation of SP1 requires a fresh unused install of TRS2006 so you should download SP1 and have it available before you install TRS2006. If you just install TRS2006 and run it just once then get SP1, you'll have to completely uninstall TRS2006 before you can do the SP1 install procedure.

Bob

Does this also count for installing 2004 with UTC ?

Kev.

I no longer have UTC installed but do have 2004 and 2006. I think that you can also have UTC installed without interferrence to the others. The one 'interference' that does exist is that the Windows registry determines the default routing of where DLS downloads are to go. I'm not sure how UTC behaves but once you run 2006 the registry will point to 2006 for all downloads. If you run TRS2004\Bin\TrainzHelper.exe it will reset the registry pointers to 2004 so all downloads will go there. This condition will change, however, the next time you run 2006.

Bob

Thanx everyone, but now that I have installed it it is telling me that I need to have the DVD Rom in the machine every time I want to play it. Surley this cannot be right, is it?

Sounds like you bought the Just Trains version. The Auran version doesn't need the DVD in the drive. If I were you I send it back and buy direct from Auran.

Cheers
Dave

If you have the Just Trains version (ie you bought it in the shops and / or it came in a red box) then yes you will need to have the DVD in the drive in order to run it.

Cheers,

JB

Edit: Beaten to it!

Thankyou that would explain why it was so bloody cheap (half the price of Auran) they never tell you untill you buy these things:mad:

Back