upgrade for 2019.

shezza2

Hi I already have Trainz 2019 and have now purchased Trainz a New Era, are there any pros or cons in downloading Trainz New Era complete vrs Just upgrading Trainz 2019 as per instructions. I have not done anything yet just wondering if I were to upgrade as per instructions would I retain the DLC I already have on Trainz 2019. Or are they different things.

TRS19 (asset build 4.6) is the latest version, T:ANE (asset build 4.5) is the oldest, not the opposite.

Perhaps you need to rephrase the question... TANE is the older version and other than working with the older interface compared to the latest (in many corners unpopular) changes in TRS19 there is no benefit in buying TANE if you have already purchased the latest version. (Other than giving N3V a bit more money or for sentiments sake).The only advantage it might give you is that routes from TANE will download into TRS19 as DLC, but '19 already has routes such as ECML built in anyway.

As info... I purchased TRS19 a year last October (Early Release). After a few months I joined the Gold program. With Gold you get TRS19 and Tane. I had a number of Tane routes where the sessions did not work right in TRS19, so I thought it would be great to have both Tane and TRS19. After using Tane for a short while for Tane routes I gave it up and went back to TRS19 for everything. I haven't fired up Tane for a good while. That's just my experience. I know others here prefer Tane over TRS19. One of the main things is to just make sure you set your environment lighting set properly in TRS19 for each Route.

So, I would say to just stick with TRS19.

Back