Updated to Mac build 122419, now the grid is gone

GreyAreaUK

Anyone else seeing this? My Trainz 2022 downloaded and installed build 122419 this morning. Now when I press F9 to get the grid, I just get whitespace instead:

XeduiZM.png

I've looked through the preferences but can't see anything obvious.

Anyone else seeing this (or not!)?

Edit: I've also tried 'Show Wireframe' from the menu, and setting 'Ground -> Grid'. Both have the same effect shown above.

Last edited:
I've seen this issue before. There's a possibility that the textures are still being cached and that explains why they haven't appeared when you first opened your route.

Open the textures panel and place one of the textures on the white area. This should force the textures to appear.

I've seen this issue before. There's a possibility that the textures are still being cached and that explains why they haven't appeared when you first opened your route.

Open the textures panel and place one of the textures on the white area. This should force the textures to appear.

Tried that, but all that happened was that it went out of 'grid' view. When I went back in it was still white.

I've also tried searching for 'grid' as a texture and I'm seeing four:

EMT Ground Texture 5m Grid Non-PBR (which I assume I downloaded)
Grid (PBR) which is an Auran asset marked as 'Base'
PBR Grid (2.0), likewise (also Auran but marked as 'Built-in')
UnTexture Grid, makes as 'Packaged' by 'Momentum'

After the update had been applied it went through a process of removing 'obsolete' stuff, and I'm wondering if something got removed that shouldn't have been. No idea how to fix it though, and it's proving to be a real pain.

Additional: on the off-chance it might just be an issue with this route I've tried loading up a couple of third-party routes. The issue persists, so it doesn't seem to be route specific.

Last edited:
Additional info: I've done a database repair (both the normal one and the extended one) and this hasn't fixed the issue either.

So, something else I've now tried is to roll the app back to version 119463 (Time Machine for the win).

This had two effects:

1, the grid returned.
2, the layout I was working on no longer displayed, I assume because it now required the higher versioned app.

So it seems I can have either my route or the grid, but not both.

The conclusion I can draw from this is that the fault lies within the app, not the assets. Hope this gets fixed quickly.

Edit: oh, and another effect my doing this had was to completely remove all my pic lists. Great.

Last edited:
I'm confirming the missing Grid and Transparent options are a bug impacting Mac TRS22 Retail Builds only. Trainz Plus and Windows builds are unaffected.

We are aware of it, and investigating the issue.

I can confirm with GreyAreaUK that the grid is transparent. I am on Mac with Trainz Plus and cannot implement the grid. It is transparent.

Fifthing that! Also confirming that grid view does not work on the Mac version (Platinum).

Looks great for a Winter Wonderland!

Hope this gets bug fixed with a patch together with the locked layers issue!

Last edited:
I'm on 122431 too and I have no problem in seeing the grid.
What happens when you create a new route, select the baseboard and convert it to 10m or 5m grid?

HD is fine for me, but if I am using a 10 or 5 grid then the grid just vanishes.

Issue goes back to July I see but as info...
I have a secondary install on my Mac M1 and I have the default green texture on startup and grid shows fine when I select "Ground" "Grid" - Plus build 123844

Back