The Built-in Driver Setup rule is now faulty.

JCitron

Trainzing since 12-2003
I used Plus all day yesterday doing the usual and everything was fine as I poked around in Surveyor and did a bit of driving. I went to edit the session associated with my route and there was a red exclamation point "!" on the session image. Upon checking I found that the Driver Setup rule was faulty. I viewed errors and warnings and there are none. I exited Content Manager and closed down the Launcher and tried again only to find that it's still faulty.

I ran a DBR last might when I went to sleep. I don't know how long it took because I didn't wait for it because sleep was more important at this point.

I checked this morning, and the fault is still there!

I ran an EDBR and still the same.

I uninstalled and reinstalled, and ditto.

Has anyone else encountered this?

This is of course Build 123794

Thanks.

Hi John, the setup rule I am using is -25:1485 in combination with driver Schedule Rule 2:82445:900001:10,
Your application may differ, but these work well together.

Hi John, the setup rule I am using is -25:1485 in combination with driver Schedule Rule 2:82445:900001:10,
Your application may differ, but these work well together.
Thanks, Ron. This is exactly the same here as well. I'm running an EDR again right now after yet another fresh install. Hopefully this will fix it.

My question is why did this go bad suddenly? Are these files like those small dishes of vegetables we put into the fridge because we don't want to waste them and then forget they're there?

I have only just finished re-populating my main route, only one glitch, one driver driving two trains, when I hit 'drive' I do not touch anything for at least one minute, it is that fragile.
To be sensible I should have stopped at TRS19 as it runs nicely there.
The quiet fans and extra gizmos pull you in!

Thanks, Ron. This is exactly the same here as well. I'm running an EDR again right now after yet another fresh install. Hopefully this will fix it.

My question is why did this go bad suddenly? Are these files like those small dishes of vegetables we put into the fridge because we don't want to waste them and then forget they're there?
I had the same problem with "Driver Setup" as you, John. And I don't know why either. Validating and after that, previewing was helpful, and an EDR was correcting some other newly faulty assets.

Regards
Swordfish

I had a bunch of weirdness like that when I went from Plus beta 123315 to 123794 (latest build to this new build). I did a fresh install of 123794 and all is fine.

I had a bunch of weirdness like that when I went from Plus beta 123315 to 123794 (latest build to this new build). I did a fresh install of 123794 and all is fine.
I've done a fresh install again and still have that. The EDBR, running again, will hopefully clear that up.

Version 123794? I've got version 123799 TRS22 PE, no Trainz Plus!
Plus like other TRS22 variants, have their own build numbers and are not related to each other than in base code and compatibility. At one point, all TRS22 and Plus were on the same Build number but that's no longer the case.

Plus like other TRS22 variants, have their own build numbers and are not related to each other than in base code and compatibility. At one point, all TRS22 and Plus were on the same Build number but that's no longer the case.
Oh! I had absolutely no idea mate, thanks for clearing that up :)

I wished I knew how I could help you mate, you are always helping others including myself a few times!

Still no-go.

Perhaps this is a sign it's time to find another hobby and I haven't gotten the hint yet.

Hi John. <kuid:-25:1485> Driver Setup (Rule) running fine here in build 123794. No errors or warnings shown in Content manager.
Sessions (and I have a very large number of them!) all running fine and without issues.
Sounds like you may have to reinstall from scratch - as I don't think you can delete that vital built-in rule
As you've already observed, an EDBR does not work. But before you do reinstall, try deleting the contents of your Internet cache and restart the program.
It may simply be that there is a faulty driver command or script being called in the driver schedule for that session. Have a look to see if Pguy's latest script update hasn't affected that particular session.
Another thing to try before resorting to the nuclear option is to create a New Session in the same route and replicate a few of the driver commands there - until you find one that invokes the dreaded red exclamation mark,

Last edited:
Hi John. <kuid:-25:1485> Driver Setup (Rule) running fine here in build 123794. No errors or warnings shown in Content manager.
Sessions (and I have a very large number of them!) all running fine and without issues.
Sounds like you may have to reinstall from scratch - as I don't think you cannot delete that vital built-in rule
As you've already observed, an EDBR does not work. But before you do reinstall, try deleting the contents of your Internet cache and restart the program.
It may simply be that there is a faulty driver command or script being called in the driver schedule for that session. Have a look to see if Pguy's latest script update hasn't affected that particular session.
Hi PC_Ace,

Thank you for the suggestions.

I have already done a fresh install.
I imported my Local and Content folders in
Downloaded all the packages again.
Ran a DBR

Everything worked fine for a few days then last night it died.
Ran a DBR and nope.
Cleared the cache/internet
Cleared the cache/libraries

I repeated a fresh install again this morning and connected up the database only to find that it didn't work.

I then ran the EDBR which took all day and I'm where I am now where I started this morning after wasting 8 hours of my time. The EDBR log showed script errors on some assets. I viewed errors and warnings and they wouldn't go away. I deleted the assets and downloaded them again to no avail. I checked the Driver Setup rule and that was broken and so is the multiplayer rule and iChat rule.

There's nothing new installed since before the other crash because I haven't gotten that far.

I created a fresh folder just now by pointing to "New Data_folder" (yes that's the name).
Checked the install, and all was fine.
I'm importing my DLC because that last download took two days to download and this will take 1hr and 30 minutes to copy.

I'll run a DBR again to import the content into the database and check again when this is completed.
If that works, then I'll import my content slowly and probably forget the old DLS stuff and install just my routes and dependencies as needed. I still have my database intact and I can change the data-location and open up that install to export my routes and sessions I want to keep plus any custom content I have created.

If this doesn't work, I give up. After 20 years, I think someone is telling me something. My Plus subscription runs out on December 2nd and this is a perfect time to pull the plug before it hits my PayPal account. For the most part, I can figure things out. I've been pretty tolerant of N3V's misgivings and shenanigans but this last update is pure crap, worse than T: ANE ever was and that was pretty bad with daily CTDs and all the other stuff. I'm beyond annoyed. I've had more fun getting unknown drivers to work on Solaris 9 than going through this mess.

Sounds like you've done all the right things - but have they been done right? Check your installation for available updates and any open for edit items.
I feel your pain and frustration. There has to be something causing this issue that is affecting you - and no one else here (on the same build) regarding the Driver Setup rule.
Send in a bug report. Get help from N3V.
Don't give up on this - we need you here! But feel free to walk away for a respite if needed - and come back refreshed and ready to tackle this beast head on.
You will prevail!

I agree this has to be something stupid! Aren't most tech issues stupid things, right?

Very true, I may not of done things in the right order. It's hard to tell at this point because I've been going at it all day now.

This install will be fresh data except for the DLC and I'll DBR this and test. My plan is to install stuff in small batches and for the most part let all the old stuff go to the bit-bucket. I'll keep a backup on my other hard drive just in case I need to pick through it and gather any missing dependencies but for the most part it's considered dead, but once I've moved on, I'll toss it.

I may talk a walk for a bit and leave it all well enough alone. I'm still considering my options at the moment though. Thank you for the support.

I have no idea if it would help mate! But load up Trainz

1) Trainz settings
2) Dev and check Enable advanced debug settings
3) Rebuild the Trainz database

Hopefully that would solve the issues your having! Fingers crossed.

I have no idea if it would help mate! But load up Trainz

1) Trainz settings
2) Dev and check Enable advanced debug settings
3) Rebuild the Trainz database

Hopefully that would solve the issues your having! Fingers crossed.
Thank you Phil for the support. All done mate. I turn those on automatically when I set up the program.

I just created a whole new setup - it's not quite "just" because it took over 2-1/2 hours!

The install with just the DLC shows no faulty content after a DBR.

My next steps are to:
- Copy this base to another location just in case things get stuffed again because this will give me something to recover quickly, well relatively so.
- Install only my content I intend to keep such as my routes and sessions I created/modified and any DLC I purchased. The rest of the content will remain in the old database and be basically hauled to the bit-bucket and deleted at some point.

No worries mate, I'm glad you have everything sorted out mate :D

I would recommend backing up in a RAR file too! Using zip backups is just a big no, no for Trainz content. I did that once before and the zip file got corrupted back when I was playing TRS2004/2006 and Ultimate..

Back