UP Challenger 3985

William0d0

So I got this DVD from netflix the other day.

Great American Scenic Railroads Disc 6, Rio Grande and Union Pacific.

But anyhoo the second hour of the disc deals with Union Pacific Challenger 3985 being used for an excursion trip. It gets renumbered and has elephant ears added for the occasion, but it's a really great video. Includes plenty of in-cab shots, including how fast the cab fills with smoke when driving thru a tunnel.

They do a really great job of following the trip. Lots of great steamer goodness.

I totally recommend watching this DVD.:udrool: :udrool: :udrool: :udrool: :udrool:

So I got this DVD from netflix the other day.

Great American Scenic Railroads Disc 6, Rio Grande and Union Pacific.

But anyhoo the second hour of the disc deals with Union Pacific Challenger 3985 being used for an excursion trip. It gets renumbered and has elephant ears added for the occasion, but it's a really great video. Includes plenty of in-cab shots, including how fast the cab fills with smoke when driving thru a tunnel.

They do a really great job of following the trip. Lots of great steamer goodness.

I totally recommend watching this DVD.:udrool: :udrool: :udrool: :udrool: :udrool:
I've got a DVD about 3985 hauling a Santa Special. Want it? I'll give it to you for free.

I've got a DVD about 3985 hauling a Santa Special. Want it? I'll give it to you for free.

If you are talking about some kind of piracy thing, I'm not interested.

If you want to mail me your legal copy, I guess I could give you a Goldsboro post office general delivery address. I won't be offering to pay postage since I already get great stuff from netflix anyway without having to pay crazy round the world postage fees.

If you are talking about some kind of piracy thing, I'm not interested.

If you want to mail me your legal copy, I guess I could give you a Goldsboro post office general delivery address. I won't be offering to pay postage since I already get great stuff from netflix anyway without having to pay crazy round the world postage fees.
It's legitimate, it's in a DVD case with all the details on it.

i'll have to see how much shipping is for America though.

If only I had someone closer to me that I could give it to...

I can provide a photo if you want.

Last edited:
hi captainkman

i haven't seen that one

i had the dvd of the clinchfield challenger santa special,
but that got eaten by the tape player and i haven't been able to find it again as a dvd

where did you buy it from?

if you can remember

thanks and a happy new year

ron

hi captainkman

i haven't seen that one

i had the dvd of the clinchfield challenger santa special,
but that got eaten by the tape player and i haven't been able to find it again as a dvd

where did you buy it from?

if you can remember

thanks and a happy new year

ron
The sad thing is that it was a gift.

Other gifts I want to give away/sell on E-bay:
American Steam in the 40s and 50s.
A forgotten-named 5 dvd set covering only American trains.

And others, I have a great collection to go through.

An item you'll never get off me:
Decades of Steam (1920s to 1960s boxed set). Covers British steam! Yeah baby! Highly recommended!

Excuse thread hijack pleae.

Last edited:
The sad thing is that it was a gift.

Other gifts I want to give away/sell on E-bay:
American Steam in the 40s and 50s.
A forgotten-named 5 dvd set covering only American trains.

And others, I have a great collection to go through.

An item you'll never get off me:
Decades of Steam (1920s to 1960s boxed set). Covers British steam! Yeah baby! Highly recommended!

Excuse thread hijack pleae.

I have the Great American Scenic Railroads dvd set at home along with a Mark I dvd comb. on the combo disc side that read Operation San Jose i see Challanger 3985 in action. but i allways windered about running the Chalanger in TRS2006

Back