UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

Local trains on the Borders section of Middle Vales are mostly handled by ex-LNWR 5ft 6" tank engines.

ZYkakVM.jpg

WRARDBf.jpg

JhG614D.jpg

aGMuvwV.jpg

vczfu6D.jpg

5JPfmgT.jpg

Compulsory crossing the Laytown viaduct screenshot.

PDRk3iW.jpg

evilcrow's ex-GCR 1B's are available as freeware from Darlington Works. My lined out GCR version isn't available as I did it for my own use only.

After a bit of work I got my version of Valleyfields moved across to TS2012. I'm still being a big chicken over lining out the GCR 9F 0-6-2T's. The 9J Pom-Pom is a reskin by Robd.

fvftYLW.jpg

1HvrCni.jpg

weomlaY.jpg

:wave: Like those Sun shots there, as well as the style of Smoke coming out of your Steamers...........

:udrool: All the Colors are very vibrant, I thinking this is with TRS19 Version............

Update to KotangaGirl:

Understand that Graphics Card and Heat, been there a few times in the past, good luck with that, nice work with TS-12..........Never thought about changing the Sun Color, have to check that out........

Last edited:
Thanks blueodessey. My Middle Vales screenies are all taken in TS2012 with a little manipulation of the available in game weather effects and with the sun painted beige. I have TS2019, but it tried to melt my graphics card so things are at a pause there until I get around to changing it out for something else with a lot more cooling fans attached.

KotangaGirl I know Imgur were doing some kind of upgrade that made their hosting service a bit flaky for a while, but I thought that was finished now. I think some browsers might be blocking Imgur for some daft reason, - or so somebody told me, - but everything is working fine in Chrome.

Now using Chrome and get this reply -

Your connection is not private. Attackers might be trying to steal your information from i.imgur.com (for example, passwords, messages or credit cards). Learn more NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

Now using Chrome and get this reply -

Your connection is not private. Attackers might be trying to steal your information from i.imgur.com (for example, passwords, messages or credit cards). Learn more NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

That is really weird since i've been using Imgur just now in Chrome without any problems at all and have been for the past few weeks. Mind you I'm using Win 7 which doesn't mysteriously change things in the background and stops things from working like Win 10 does. I think you might have to change your browser settings to be less fanatical about security. Failing that you might have to instruct your anti-virus software/Windows Defender to recognise Imgur as being Ok.

Here are some progress shots from my experimental Riccarton Junction route in TRS2019. I think I am happy with the lighting and weather options now, ideal for the bleak conditions in the borders!
44965852951_7519a73483_o.jpg

K3 leaves Riccarton Jcn for Carlisle. Thanks to trainboi1 for the model.
44917406562_510dd25d3b_o.jpg

Weathered V2 enters Riccarton Jcn from the north. A foggy day. This also shows that the weathered version of the V2 by paulsw2 / trainboi1 can work in TRS2019 A super model and at home on the Waverley route.

43153345430_3fa77debe6_o.jpg

Camscott's beautiful Peppercorn A2 leaving Riccarton

44053480835_770187854c_o.jpg

edh6 has made some lovely North British locos, which are ideal for this route.

31093037938_ab245db26a_o.jpg

About as close as you can get to wilderness in this country! V2 heads out about to pass K3 climbing north.

Ian

That is really weird since i've been using Imgur just now in Chrome without any problems at all and have been for the past few weeks. Mind you I'm using Win 7 which doesn't mysteriously change things in the background and stops things from working like Win 10 does. I think you might have to change your browser settings to be less fanatical about security. Failing that you might have to instruct your anti-virus software/Windows Defender to recognise Imgur as being Ok.

It may be my antivirus and malware settings, but I never get spam, so it's staying as it is. I'm missing out on yours and others, which I'm sure will be very good.

Last edited:
Ian - some very nice understated screenshots which, as you say, capture a bleak, overcast British day really well. They're some of the few TRS19 ones so far which don't have the bleached-out look.

Wonderful screenshots Ian. That overcast sky is is really something. Nice to see TS2019 screenshots that don't look like sun exploded.

Textures for Riccarton Junction

Thank you for the encouraging comments about Riccarton.
Borderreiver enquired about textures.

The base texture for the fells is: PBR Grass 1 - seasonal, applied with the bracket key depressed to continuously rotate direction. Some splashes of PBR Grass 8, and. 9 are applied here and there. Closer to the trackside, i used FFR Grass and Mud, and FFR Dirt and Leaves. On distant hills, I sometimes allow the Google earth colours from the Transdem map to show through.

Best wishes
Ian

Last edited:
Back