UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

I see screenshots like this which quite frankly look about as good or better than the competition with the right use of assets and settings but nobody seems willing to share their settings. :hehe:

It's the screenshooter's secret recipe, it's mouth watering good!

No secret ;) , the settings where based on a post by Hminky on here and the British Trainz forum .
In surveyor open up the environment settings , Click on the clock (usually the button set at 12 midday) , Set Fog slider to 0 (full left) and then set all 3 colour dials for "Ambient colour preview" (top colour box) around to the 9 o clock position (all pointing left) and then make sure the "Sun Colour Preview" (second colour box) dials are set to maximum (hard right 5pm) .
I also have post processing set to maximum and textures set to high . I'm running it via an Asus Radeon R9 290x 4gb video card where I've tweaked the settings to sharpen the picture etc. on top of what Trainz produces .
It certainly makes the meshes pop but it's a bit too dark for my liking .

EDIT :

Though the darkness seems to work well for one certain station .... ;)

21223291704_6b68e3c31a_b.jpg

21657994720_c41e6fbe38_b.jpg

21657993900_d11b65ca2a_b.jpg

Last edited:
With regard the environment settings described above, I've found these are good for urban settings but have adverse effects in more rural areas, creating excessive shadow on 'north facing' slopes and the like. That said, this picture was taken using them.

21821963026_2b09da06e6_b.jpg

Last edited:
Great shots everyone.
Network Rail Radio Survey train headed by converted 97 and a DRS 37.

fymxry5t.ksu.jpg

Hope to see more shots soon!

Regards,
George

A small glitch with the release of the Much Murkle Redux route, but it should be out in the next few days.

Two battered mineral wagons and a brakevan wait for pick-up at Murkle-under-Wood goods siding....

05a%20Down%20towards%20Murkle%20Tunnel.jpg

Paul

Well, I have T:ANE sort of running on my laptop, so here is a shot of a local service from Kingham to Banbury passing Bliss Mill as it prepares to stop at Chipping Norton, some time in the 1930s.

cn1a_zpsrpka7ruy.jpg

Looks nice Jay, nice to see you around the forums again!

I've been playing around with the 3-SUB 'Nutcracker' units in TANE, and they work quite well. I have to say thank you for making these a while back; they're easily my favorite EMU to drive.

Almost the same shot as above, from the opposite direction with additional vegetation added. I use speedtrees for trackside and fill it out the rest with less graphics intensive trees.

21391874083_f99aeef9fc_b.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I have T:ANE sort of running on my laptop, so here is a shot of a local service from Kingham to Banbury passing Bliss Mill as it prepares to stop at Chipping Norton, some time in the 1930s.

Good to see you on here Jeremy. Interesting building in the background....

Paul

Good to see you on here Jeremy. Interesting building in the background....

Paul

Bliss Tweed Mill is locally renowned for having the finest 'toilet plunger' chimney in the area. It ceased to be a mill in the early 80s, and has been converted to expensive apartments, complete with all the necessities for country living, such as squash courts and jacuzzis.

The model is available on TPR. I will put it on the DS when I have things working properly.

Looks nice Jay, nice to see you around the forums again!

I've been playing around with the 3-SUB 'Nutcracker' units in TANE, and they work quite well. I have to say thank you for making these a while back; they're easily my favorite EMU to drive.

Oh, good. I'm glad they work in T:ANE. Thanks

Thanks, all. Yes, I can see quite a bit of my content on Much Murkle...

Just picked up a cheap copy of 2012, which is running happily alongside the TANE installation, albeit on a separate HDD.

So, the Bliss Mill buildings are now build 3.7. Just uploaded to the DS.

Cracking shots all!

Been progressing a fair bit on the overheads, done lots of the knitting at Shenfield:

There's still some wire parts missing and such (Last shot particularly :hehe:), and I want to get full textures done at some point for the main gantries. I'll probably also make some slightly different ones suitable for Woodhead and the GEML before it was converted to AC.

Back