UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

I believe we've discussed this before and would be of the opinion that you do not need to ask permission of an asset's creator to reskin it for yourself and a screenshot of the asset reskinned would constitute fair use in my opinion (like a short quote in an academic paper). Obviously you should not upload the reskinned asset without permission.

Peter.

--

I'm sorry peter , folks are entitled to an opinion but you don't get to say if someone can or cant unless YOU are the author of the original content . If the original author does not want his work to be reskinned or any screenshots shown of unauthorised reskins then that is that , no if's , no but's , no opinions . Why oh why do you feel the need to keep undermining authors license agreements . It is not your license agreement you have no say over it . It fills the heads of new starters with the wrong idea that it's ok to post , then they end up getting told off by the author or have to experience their screenshot being removed . Not a great way to start on here .

I have an agreement with N3V that if screenshots are posted on here that are in breach of my license agreement then a quick report to the mods and its removed , If your opinion is correct then surely they would refuse to remove the screenshot(s) ?

newtonharbourhst1x1024_zps78b49007.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sorry peter , folks are entitled to an opinion but you don't get to say if someone can or cant unless YOU are the author of the original content.
That's not entirely true. You can only say what someone can or can't do up until the other person agrees to the lisence. Any changes after-the-fact have to be re-agreed upon.

If the original author does not want his work to be reskinned or any screenshots shown of unauthorized reskins then that is that, no if's, no but's, no opinions. Why oh why do you feel the need to keep undermining authors license agreements. It is not your license agreement you have no say over it. It fills the heads of new starters with the wrong idea that it's ok to post, then they end up getting told off by the author or have to experience their screenshot being removed. Not a great way to start on here.

I have an agreement with N3V that if screenshots are posted on here that are in breach of my license agreement then a quick report to the mods and its removed , If your opinion is correct then surely they would refuse to remove the screenshot(s) ?

But the statement of no reskins and no showing of reskins has to be specifically laid out in the license. Most licenses of content for Trainz does not say anything to that effect. So for most content reskining & posting pictures is legal. And realistically if one were, it's not really worth it to go to court over.

General copyright law doesn't restrict reskining or showing pictures of reskins. You then have to put up with people from different countries & their different laws.

peter

For the record, this is George's licence:

license "COPYRIGHT INFORMATION (freeware/payware)
These files are freeware. UK Branch Lines strictly prohibits any action that results in gain through sale or reward in any way.
The property may only be distributed as freeware in the form that they were intended by the author. No alteration in any way is allowed without prior written consent from UK Branch Lines, who shall at all times, retain full ownwership rights of the property. Any action by third parties or other persons to offer this property for sale or reward of anykind without their written consent may be liable under copyright protection. This property may not be hosted ony any system without prior written consent before doing so.
"
Read into that what you will, in any case, hholdenaz, is it really your responsability to act as detective?

For the record, this is George's licence:

license "COPYRIGHT INFORMATION (freeware/payware)
These files are freeware. UK Branch Lines strictly prohibits any action that results in gain through sale or reward in any way.
The property may only be distributed as freeware in the form that they were intended by the author. No alteration in any way is allowed without prior written consent from UK Branch Lines, who shall at all times, retain full ownwership rights of the property. Any action by third parties or other persons to offer this property for sale or reward of anykind without their written consent may be liable under copyright protection. This property may not be hosted ony any system without prior written consent before doing so.
"
Read into that what you will, in any case, hholdenaz, is it really your responsability to act as detective?

This person hounded me mercilessly on these forums a couple of years ago and was at least part of the reason I more or less gave up posting screenshots but, as I said earlier, the Ignore button has served me well.

Why does nobody else make Midland/LMS/BR(M) locos as freeware? :(

This is an LMS ex-MR 1P 2-4-0, currently in progress.

Kieran.

Enjoying a good run today with the newly released BR Standard Class 4. Here we see 76079 entering Prodworthy with a local service. Gam

Thanks, the screenshot was taken on my revamped version of Lielestosbrat's Branthorpe & Kilderdale Railway which is available on the DLS. Gam

Some excellent shots on here guys!

Some updates on my Drodditch Lines:

Debb's Cross station has been rebuilt. It now sits alongside the entrance to Keogh Park EMU Depot:
Mightyena_20131005_0000_zps15054b7e.jpg

As has Tatton, gaining 2 new bay platforms. The OHLE is to allow EMUs from the Drodditch Line to reach Keogh Park for maintenance:
Mightyena_20131005_0012_zps7233e381.jpg

Mightyena_20131005_0011_zps7effa82e.jpg

Mightyena_20131005_0007_zps43097de2.jpg

Mightyena_20131005_0033_zps516c3dfb.jpg

One of Hayden Trains' newly refitted Class 151/2s sits in platform 4. They have been redesigned for superior acceleration and top speed to be used on stopping services on the Fimbar Mainline, without selaying faster services on the numerous dual-track sections:
Mightyena_20131005_0037_zps0df33941.jpg

The main transport hub - Fimbar Town station now has a Tramlink leading into the city. I may when I have time, create a whole tram route through the city. As it stands, it's just a portal feeding AI trams in and out of the station:
Mightyena_20131006_0010_zps16b1f782.jpg

Mightyena_20131006_0012_zps355c93ae.jpg

Mightyena_20131006_0004_zps710ea1a6.jpg

Good shots all :D Some of Winstingham's disused, first and oldest EMUs pass through Upper Rapley on a move from Rosacotta Depot to Oxbourne Depot as they have a new job on the Oxbourne Harbour Line
s50u.jpg

8g6j.jpg

@Victorian your route is looking great! Love it :D

I was having a play around with superelevation on the Fimbar Mainline:

Mightyena_20131008_0054_zps0b7a0d27.jpg

Mightyena_20131008_0051_zps8edb71c7.jpg

Mightyena_20131008_0038_zpsb81037ff.jpg

Mightyena_20131008_0013_zpscd6b0572.jpg

Mightyena_20131008_0027_zps148e9e11.jpg

Mightyena_20131008_0028_zps0b4c352f.jpg

I think it seems to work well. What do you guys think?

Thanks! It's quite easy to set up. I just used Gfisher's superelevated track and the 'Banking consists' rule. The track is available at USLW, but it's very high-poly. Having installed it in a couple of places I've noticed Trainz start to stutter a lot more, and it has a habit of 'disappearing' (where Trainz simply won't render it until you move off and come back to it) :confused:

Back