Mightyena_20130913_0075_zps85818d81.jpg

Puttingham Metro:

On the Line 1&2 tracks between Rushbrook and Hawkesdown Park:

Mightyena_20130914_0172_zpsa4001c32.jpg

Oxford Road station, on the Line 4:

Mightyena_20130913_0119_zpsad1d1970.jpg

Line 3 tracks surfacing just before Rushbrook:

Mightyena_20130914_0170_zps2f30fbde.jpg

Great shots all :D Your metro thing looks awesome mightyena :)
On the Winstingham DLS (District Link Subway) Purple line train bound for Blackgate stops at Shefferton
w2UkE7X.jpg

Further down the line at Waughton Heights a train pauses
6esSLkJ.jpg

Decided to throw in a bit of New York style into some stations, seen here at North Esther elevated station :)
GM5MlyV.jpg

Esther Mills station with an Upquintin bound Blue line train
QiEMNcj.jpg

Full view of the St Masons area, North Esther station on the left, Esther Mills on the right
Dmeli5b.jpg

Sorry for large images, usual Image hoster is down temporarily and the other one wont let me adjust size :)

Early morning subway bound for Wickmead arrives at Grettesham :)
r7r3.jpg

Later on in the morning a quiet Waughton Heights awaits the next service (Almost as quiet as this thread)
0jwo.jpg

Meanwhile on National Rail a 477 departs Pottingham station headed for Rosacotta (Finally getting started on the 3rd rail) :D
qd5b.jpg

An an usual but accurate version of the subway map :D
vrbi.jpg

Great work guys!:) (to the few people posting atm) ;)

Where did you get the TSL from Nexusdj? I want one for the 117, just wondering where I can get one. Thanks: -)

It's a simple rework of WEN's class 117 trailer that should hopefully be seeing a release with the Duchy days route .

Great shots Victorian .

Just some pics showing some locomotives and rolling stock that I've made but do not wish to release yet.

First up, we have a Fowler 7F 0-8-0 in LMS livery:

Secondly, we have the train from The Titfield Thunderbolt, with skipper1945's 14xx at the head:

Thirdly, here's the LMS turbine loco known as 'Turbomotive':

Next, we have a Midland Railway 'Spinner' 4-2-2:

And lastly, a second shot of the Spinner: :)hehe: 'Bromsgraove')

Thank you for your time. Comments appreciated. :)

These may be released in the future, I'm not ready to release them just yet though.

Kieran.

Last edited:
Those look really good! A couple of suggestions though:
1) Make proper 3D spokes for the wheels, rather than what appear to be ones created using alphas in flat planes. If you don't want to make them yourself Paul Hobbs has a selection of ready made spoked wheels on his website.
2) Read up on what Blender calls an "edge split modifier" or the GMax equivalent if you're using that. Applying this modifier to objects that you have smoothed adds defined edges where you want them, this would massively improve the look of the splashers and cabside of the spinner in particular.

Those look really good! A couple of suggestions though:
1) Make proper 3D spokes for the wheels, rather than what appear to be ones created using alphas in flat planes. If you don't want to make them yourself Paul Hobbs has a selection of ready made spoked wheels on his website.
2) Read up on what Blender calls an "edge split modifier" or the GMax equivalent if you're using that. Applying this modifier to objects that you have smoothed adds defined edges where you want them, this would massively improve the look of the splashers and cabside of the spinner in particular.
Hi edh6

1. Nah, can't be bothered to do that yet. :p I will consider it if I do get the other parts to a point where I'd release the model.
(Hey, at least they're low-poly! :D)
2. Thank you for the tip regarding the Edge Split Modifyer. I am indeed using Blender. I shall give it a try and see what it does. I have a few other models that could use it too!

Kieran.

Say, that's actually a good reskin. But did Skipper1945 give you permission?

I believe we've discussed this before and would be of the opinion that you do not need to ask permission of an asset's creator to reskin it for yourself and a screenshot of the asset reskinned would constitute fair use in my opinion (like a short quote in an academic paper). Obviously you should not upload the reskinned asset without permission.

Peter.

--

Back