TVRM Southern 4501 70% complete

How did you hear about it? Last time I was there, the tour guide said it'll take about three or four more years before she's done. They have already been working on for for about the same amount of time. If this is true, this means she'll be out in less than three years, if they continue to restore her at the pace they are going.

Sorry to bump this thread, but I felt that it was the best place to put a big update on 4501. My dad sent me a text with a link to the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum's Facebook page featuring a picture of 4501's cab back on her frame. She's getting closer and closer by the day!

Thats great news. I look forward to one day attended an Excursion behind the 4501 since I missed my opportunity to do it when the old Steam Program was retired in 1994. :)

Teaser for May 2014 Trains Magazine

Being a subscriber to Trains Magazine, I normally receive a new issue a month before it's available in bookstores. The May 2014 edition was one I was waiting for a while; cover title: 10 things you didn't know about everybody's favorite Mikado Southern 4501. It's a really interesting article and I learned a lot more than I knew before. If anyone wants me to say anything more about what's in the article, the answer is NO!
P.S. I'm also a subscriber to Model Railroader and I also got the May 2014 edition today. This has never happen before and I'm very happy, happy, happy.

Back