ts2009 and below

adman500

I have a quick question, i have trs06, and am thinking about buying ts2009 to update it, but i've been reading that people have both on the same computer, does this mean that trs06 and below content does not work on 2009?

thanks
Adam

I have a quick question, i have trs06, and am thinking about buying ts2009 to update it, but i've been reading that people have both on the same computer, does this mean that trs06 and below content does not work on 2009?

thanks
Adam

Hi Adam,

You can keep both on the computer if you want. They can coexist nicely and I've done that myself so I can create Hog trk files then import them into TS2009 because of the differences in how the gnd files are created.

Other than that TS2009 warts and all is not a bad program. With the latest patches and such, it runs quite nicely and will handle most of the old content. This will show errors in the CM2, but will load fine in compatability mode. I'm currently using the program in compatability mode with little if any problems at all, and contrary to what many people have said here, the performance is not bad at all given that my personal route is stuffed with content such as trees, water, and buildings. All of these things used to make TRS2004 and even TR2006 a stuttering mess.

The other thing too is TS2009 has nearly all of the assets from the previous versions including so all you need to do is download new stuff from the DLS if you wish. When I got TS2009, I imported my content from TRS2006, which I had downloaded over the past years, and this downloaded content also included stuff I downloaded from TRS2004. During the import process, I had to click the button to ignore the already installed items. This turned out to be quite a lot of content that I had to download for TRS2004 and TRS2006.

I hope I answered your questions. I'm sure others will chime in here with some feedback. Ignore the nay sayers. They'll stick with stay with the old and forget the new. TS2009 is the way the sim is going and it's best to move and and be done with it sooner than later.

John

Back