TRS2019 download speeds

alogie

Hi there.
Purchased the Platinum Edition yesterday and I'm getting very poor download speeds regardless of whether I try downloading the full executable or use the online installer. The maximum I'm getting is around 215KB/s which means it's going to take several hours to download. Do I need a FCT to get a faster download, or is it just busy servers?

Thanks,
Alistair

An FCT only affects the download speed of items from the DLS. All purchased items (Trainz Store, DLC) and free updates are sent from the N3V servers at the maximum speed.

The problem is likely to be with your bandwidth or speed from your ISP, or other issues. It can also depend on when you connect to their system. A useful access activity guide, for DLS and FCT only but possibly still representative for DLC and the Trainz Store, can be found at https://www.auran.com/planetauran/FTP_Status_Log.php where you can check to see which times to avoid.

PS: I had speed issues too until I upgraded my connection from ADSL to cable broadband when it became available in my area.

Last edited:
I left the download running when I went to work this morning. Just came home and it's done. Thanks for the input folks.:)

Back