TRS2009 on win7 Home Premium 64-bit

jhdale65

I installed trs2009 again after upgrading to windows 7 64 bit.
Updated 2009 from the original version to 40040.
Then installed Murchison 2 + Settle & Carlisle.
all on C: drive this time and the 2009 addons ask if I wanted to had to or install stand alone (strange it gives no option when installed on any other drive,other than Boot drive)
When I have been working in Surveyor for around 30mins the TRS2009 freezes and I have to hit Ctrl-Alt-Del to get to task manager to close the not responding TRS2009.
I must be doing something very wrong!!!!!!

Mobo Asus PQ5 Pro, CPU Intel E8500, Asus EAH4870 1gb ddr5 Video Card. 4gig ram

When Running Settle & Carlisle the trees are Truncks and flashing spots for foliage, the power lines are flashing morse code dots.

Can any one give me any pointers please, It ashame with such good Routes that I have this annoying problem.

Jim

Thankyou for your suggestion I have updated drivers. I seem to have solved the problem for the trees I changed Display option From open GL to Direct X now the trees look Fantastic. and the Power lines look better than before but are a little over powering. The deisle trains have a terrible shushing sound I think its the wipers any one Know how to turn them off??

Regards Jim

Hi Jim,

Glad you have fixed the problem. The power lines are a known issue and there have also been some forum posts about sound issues, I can't remember where I have seen these, might have been here:

http://forum.uktrainz.co.uk/

The uktrainz forum is a good place for information about the Trainz Settle & Carlisle.

Cheers

Chris

Back