TRS19 Texture Error Help

BDP

Searchlight Studios
Hello All,

I recently have moved over some older ore car models and cannot seem to figure out how to fix this issue here:

: VE170: Failed to open compiled texture 'body/new front4_stripped_nrm-new front4_stripped_nrm.texture' for 'arc:fld:$(local)/hash-AF||kuid 455176 100052.tzarc|'

VE165: Texture 'body/new front4_stripped_nrm.texture' is missing or could not be loaded in mesh 'body/lod0.im', material 'body.m.tbumptex'.

**I did move these across correctly, so that's not the issue.

Any help or thoughts on this would be appreciated!

Thanks,
BDP

The new version is a bit more picky about textures. There are a few things here that occurred.

I ran into a few of these assets that had that error. The problem was the asset or texture was corrupted all along and wasn't displaying properly in previous versions even though it wasn't reported as an error verbosely, but was mentioned in the logs. (I'll explain this afterwards).

I found this out by opened up the asset for editing to ensure that the texture was in fact there and in place. The textures are there, but when I opened them up in Paint.net, they didn't display at all, and one actually produced an invalid file error. For a couple of the assets, I was able to download fresh ones. For some others, the downloads had the problem as well so this was the issue all along.

When I saw this error initially, I checked the assets in Build 106618 thinking this was a beta-version problem. The asset loaded up fine and appeared fine. I then opened up the logs - Developer menu on Launcher --- Show logs. This displayed a red ! and the same error number you received. This meant the texture wasn't being displayed in this case - a hidden object from my view, but the asset was opened anyway by horsing it through the system. This is great for showing the models, but it means there's extra overhead which can cause performance problems like awful stutters when the asset is viewed or loaded.

A few of the other assets I checked, however, couldn't load up at all so they were trashed from day one.

Things to do:

Delete the asset and reinstall from CDP files, or from the DLS. Sometimes, reinstalling this way will fix the problem with the asset.

Check that the texture is there and is spelled correctly and the SAME texture is mentioned inside the .texture.txt file. (Yes, I have seen the texture spelled wrong inside the texture.txt file, and the texture.txt file have typos in it, like a space for example in the name).

Try changing file formats. Sometimes the author may have made an error and used a bmp file and should have used a .tga. I have actually gotten lucky doing this. It means editing the related .texture.txt file and updating the image-file extension listed in the .texture.txt file.

If all is there as it should be, you can try PEV's PM2IM utility. Set this to open IM files in the options. This will sometimes fix texture problems related to being in an incorrect material slot when the asset was created in Max or GMax. I also found opening up the texture in Paint.net, you can use your favorite image editor to do the same, and resaving it out again sometimes works as well.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the Reply, I tried the methods above and none have worked. These are the old cars from the Missabe Road.

I am with you. just about every route that I try to move from Tane to TR19 is pretty much useless because of the VE65 errors. N3V should create an app to correct this problem. I have given up on TR19 for now because I seem to spend all my time trying to fix this mess. If there are assets that have VE65 errors, they should be noted as incompatible on the Content list. Why was our time fooling with this? Great graphic are useless when nothing works with them. So far, the only thing that seems to work right is the Delete missing assets. my .02

Hi BDP
Could you please tell us what status is shown for the asset in TANE's Content Manager? Please note that if the asset is marked as 'builtin' or 'installed, payware' then it cannot be manually transferred between versions of Trainz.

Regards

These show up as "Modified Faulty or Modified Missing Dependencies" in TRS19. They Also show the Same in TANE. Same VE165 Error Messages.

I am with you. just about every route that I try to move from Tane to TR19 is pretty much useless because of the VE65 errors. N3V should create an app to correct this problem. I have given up on TR19 for now because I seem to spend all my time trying to fix this mess. If there are assets that have VE65 errors, they should be noted as incompatible on the Content list. Why was our time fooling with this? Great graphic are useless when nothing works with them. So far, the only thing that seems to work right is the Delete missing assets. my .02
Crikey, I feel like Robinson Crusoe, I must be missing out on something here. I must be the only person on the planet that doesn't have this problem.
In TANE CM, I right click on the route I want to transfer and select 'save to CDP' I then view dependencies and make a cdp the same way of the "modified' or third party assets
I open TRS19 CM and drag and drop the saved cdps onto TRS19 CM (route and modified assets)
When the cdps have installed I right click on the route and view dependencies and download all 'available for download' assets from the DLS. this makes sure you have the latest versions of the assets installed
If there is any payware assets used from tane, the same route must be installed in TRS19 from the content store. "Additional TANE assets for TRS19" MUST also be installed to prevent errors.
Please tell me what you do differently, I don't want to feel lonely anymore - (maybe thats just the covid lockdown)

Last edited:
Download from the DLS then they will be installed properly and not as locally modified. DLS assets are protected from showing errors. Locally modified / imported are not and are subject to the same validation as if you created it.
Builtins / DLC can not be saved to cdp and imported as they do not have texture.txt files and are probably locked so you cant use pm2im on them.

<kuid:455176:100052> is obsoleted by <kuid:-25:966> BT10 Bogie - Builtin in 106618.

Could you elaborate more on that? I am bit confused now.

<kuid:455176:100052> was a clone of one of this: <kuid:546000:100132> DMIR Hopper Taconite Outer Quad beta 1.1, old hoppers that were available on the Missabe Road Site. I believe they were originally made for TS12. I had made a clone trying to fix the errors. I'm not understanding how that asset could be obsoleted by BT10 bogey. In my 109641 build, it wasn't even built-in. And these hoppers were never available on the DLS.

Could you elaborate more on that? I am bit confused now.

<kuid:455176:100052> was a clone of one of this: <kuid:546000:100132> DMIR Hopper Taconite Outer Quad beta 1.1, old hoppers that were available on the Missabe Road Site. I believe they were originally made for TS12. I had made a clone trying to fix the errors. I'm not understanding how that asset could be obsoleted by BT10 bogey. In my 109641 build, it wasn't even built-in. And these hoppers were never available on the DLS.

Just because a traincar came from a non DLS source doesn't mean the bogie did, different creator and there are in my install 57 assets that use that bogie. If you have the updated version that obsoletes the original you do not normally need the original but see below.

In TRS19 if you right click on <kuid:546000:1400132> and List asset versions I get:-

<kuid:-25:966> BT10 Bogie Built-in
<kuid:-1:100052> Auran BT10 Bogie Available for Download Obsolete
<kuid:-25:245> Unknown asset (probably builtin in one of the other versions of Trainz or some DLC

If you open the builtin <kuid:-25:966> and look at the obsolete table you get.
Code:
obsolete-table
{
  0                                     <kuid:-1:100052>
  1                                     <kuid:-25:245>
}

Might force things into working by downloading the DLS version as in right click download this version, sometimes that kicks the new version into life not sure why but I've done that a few times where missing dependencies have been obsoleted and the installed replacement was not getting picked up.

Back