TRS-19

afrocket474

How well does the downloaded version of TRS-19 install? I bought the DVD version and never could get it to install. I sent it back and got my money back. I tried everything in the help desk and the forums. Personally I think Auran/Trainz should be ashamed of themselves for selling such a defective product. Normal install of software is usually very straight forward. Put disc in computer, click some OK's accept their agreement and away you go. Looking at a BLACK SCREEN that says PROGRAM NOT RESPONDING for 45 minutes is unacceptable. After that when the appropriate thing is clicked on it says install failed. SHAME ON YOU AURAN/TRAINZ!

Since digital downloads became the norm (in most software not just Trainz) I have never bothered with DVD/disc based installs. None of my current computers have DVD drives anyway. I have an external USB based DVD drive but have never had to use it

Back in the days when I was relying on a slooooow ADSL link for my internet access, large downloads were impractical. Now that I have a significantly faster cable broadband connection, those large downloads are very rarely an issue (and when they are it is about 30-40 minutes compared to an all night download).

Think someone needs to check their facts given it's a well known fact TRS19 NEVER came out on a disc. Downloading it was a straight forward process also. Hm..

That's amazing because I bought one on ebay that didn't work and I sent it back and got my money back. The same guy is still selling them on ebay. Look for yourself. I highly recommend that everyone interested in buying one, "DON'T DO IT!" Don't know where this guy got them but they are garbage. Maybe they are the one cent ones talked about in another thread. Someone trying to make a quick buck at the expense of others.

They are probably already registered copies. they can't be used by somebody else. If I am not mistaken, from what I read, those one cent discs were only for people who had registered copies of the game. I'd think they would be tied to that owner's serial number, therefore useless to anyone else.

My guess is they were either pirated copies or just the downloaded files without a serial number or it tried to install a bot on your computer and your computer stopped it by killing the process. N3V hasn't used the Auran name in more than 12 years as Tony is fond of reminding us.

William

Think someone needs to check their facts given it's a well known fact TRS19 NEVER came out on a disc. Downloading it was a straight forward process also. Hm..

TRS2019 was issued by NV3 on DVD, about 12 months after the initial DL version came out. I have it (there were two sets of 2 discs - one set for the program and one set for supplied content). There was no rerun, once the initial batch sold out.

The item listed on US ebay appears to be the 2nd box only (or a pirated copy of it), which will not give you a full install.

Last edited:
Back