Trouble with interface

dmckeever

Do any other users experiece difficulty with the user interface. When I move my mouse around the screen I can't see the pointer arrow. I spend a lot of time moving the mouse around trying to get to the menus and icons. Can anyone tell me how to fix that, or is it something with my graphics set-up, or something you all just live with.

The problem is with your set up, not with the game. I am not qualified to tell you how to fix it, but someone else in here will probably know and give you a hand.

Do any other users experiece difficulty with the user interface. When I move my mouse around the screen I can't see the pointer arrow. I spend a lot of time moving the mouse around trying to get to the menus and icons. Can anyone tell me how to fix that, or is it something with my graphics set-up, or something you all just live with.

Hi
Sounds like hardware problems.
Try this:-
If you are using 'Open GL' switch to 'DirectX' or vice-versa.
If it works in DirectX then its probably your graphics driver.
If you have downloaded the latest driver it could be this causing the problem. Revert to the last driver used and try this.
Of course, if you haven't got the latest driver, download and try the program again.

Note:- If you are using an ATI card, make sure you use the add/remove program and remove all ATI entries before installing the new set-up, and download the complete package from ATI.

Cheers
Pete.

Follow-up

Scorpio48:
You are obviously one who is well respected on this site. 92 people read my query, but all thought that your reply should be the last word!

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. If I might, I wonder how would I find out if I am using open GL or DirectX. What are they? I am using an ATI card.

I'll poke around a bit myself, but am afraid that I could do some damage.
:confused:

Click your Trainz icon to open the launcher. If you're running 2004 click on Configure Trainz and then the Display tab. You can pick DirectX or OpenGL there. If you're running 2006 click Options then the Display tab .. etc.

Bob

Snipped

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. If I might, I wonder how would I find out if I am using open GL or DirectX. What are they? I am using an ATI card.

I'll poke around a bit myself, but am afraid that I could do some damage.
:confused:

Hi DKV;
Thanks for the compliments, there are many other users on this Forum who have much more experience than myself, and I often turn to them for help
I have been helping out another user with very similar problems. Take a look at the thread below, I'm sure you will find a lot of answers there to your problems.
Excuse my laziness, it saves me typing out the same info again :D .

Trainz Discussion Forums > Mainline - Trainz Discussion > Surveyors, Operators & Engineers problem with track in surveyor and driver

I hope you find these useful, as they also deal with ATI and Graphics.
Of course, you can always get back to me and others here.

Cheers
Pete.

There's one other thing that you may want to try if you haven't got the problem solved yet. If you know or can find out exactly what motherboard your pc is using, you should be able to go to the manufacturer's website for that motherboard and download the latest *chipset drivers*. That solved a problem that I had when I installed my current ATI card.

Back