Trees and Tracks Appear All Over Route

boleyd

I opened a route this morning and began fiddling with track speeds and running an engine. The keyboard arrows did not work, then they did work, then not work, etc. Well it is a Beta so I continued. I sent the engine to pick up some coal cars. Well, there were old blurry, junk trees on the track. I could not delete them, nor could I ID them. The I found a lot of the infamous white rail tracks several places. Again no way to ID them. I Disabled all trees that were less than an arbitrary file size. That cleared out all most all of the junk. But odd keyboard actions continued at times. I also noticed that the remaining trees were all one kind. I used to have a mixture of large oaks, broadleaf, and pines as per a normal northeastern USA setting. The route is a commercial offering - Coal Country. Will have to go to a backup that is a over a week old and of TANE vintage. After all it is a Beta....:'(
Checked the Sample "route" and the trees are shown as missing assets - red boxes. Did a professional rebuild and no change.

The only thing I can remember was that I did the deluxe rebuild, or whatever the official name is. No issues after that but I do not recall reloading the program after that. I unloaded the program last night and awakened to --------------- this morning. Fortunately I have not done any backups to my USB drive and there should be no impact on TANE as loaded.

Last edited:
Dick, the problem with disabling trees under an arbitrary file size, is that it will take a lot of speedtrees with it. The trees themselves have smallish file sizes as they use libraries to increase performance. Just a tip...you can ID anything with 'get object' in the bulk asset replace tool, by clicking the get object button and running your cursor over objects, also by then clicking on the missing spline object it will go to the type of spline it has chosen. (usually track when you need a fence)
cheers
Graeme

No Luck!

These things are the "white tracks" that indicate an unknown spline. There is no response running the Get Object (G) tool over or clicking on them. They remain unknown. Did both Track and Spline Get Object (G) tools. The problem is that in order for N3V to mark a spline with the "white tracks" they had to know that the spline was not available. That is they had the ID of the requested spline. But, for some reason they will not show that ID so the customer is required to just guess or delete the white track - which are real tracks despite a spine being environmental.

I was going to just delete TS19 and reload but the Content Manager prohibits deleting PayWare believing all PayWare should be protected product - much like protected speech. Paying and installing removes your right to erase.:(

I had a similar problem with "white tracks" when i imported a CDP file created in TS2006 into TS19.

The problem was that the track used in the original layout doesn't appear in TS19 - it was one of the "old" style tracks - pre procedural track.

For me, the cure was to load into TANE (which did show the track), then do a bulk replace with one of the tracks known to be present in both TANE and TS19, re-export to CDP, then load into TS19.
As you're using a payware route, I think this option isn't available for you.

Colin

I've had that kind of situation occur on me once or twice in T:ANE SP3. For some reason the route became corrupted and the only way to get around that was to close everything down, without saving anything, rebooting and going back in again. The fresh load "fixed' whatever had caused the problem. I've been thinking it was a caching bug, or maybe something went astray in memory that caused the bottom to fall out for lack of another term.

It is condition based but beyond that there is no easy way to trap it. Since it is not frequent some thing that is not done by most "gamers" is most likely. In my case it was the in-depth rebuild. But it could be the various combinations of options I was trying to see the effect. Since I can't delete the route and reload I am cleaning it up. Between the route and TS19 that is $100.00 of payware.

It is condition based but beyond that there is no easy way to trap it. Since it is not frequent some thing that is not done by most "gamers" is most likely. In my case it was the in-depth rebuild. But it could be the various combinations of options I was trying to see the effect. Since I can't delete the route and reload I am cleaning it up. Between the route and TS19 that is $100.00 of payware.

You can reinstall that route again by deleting the package from the packages folder, running a dbr, then forcing a download of purchased items.

The package folder in question is:

SC444 for Coal Country.

Remove any additional folders with the same SC444 - i.e. SC444a, SC444b, etc.

Coal Country is not yet available for TRS19 and importing from TANE isn't officially supported (for reasons such as this).

Please wait until the "460" version of the DLC is released.

Ah, things will get better. I love updates. It is like getting a gift that makes your toys better than last Christmas.

Back