Tree Splines

wridenour

There goes a...train!
Does anyone know where I can find some realistic tree splines with typical western Maryland/West Virginia/Pennsylvania/Virginia hardwood forest trees?

Autumn Tree Splines

I need super wide cover, fall folliage, forest groups, or fall tree splines that need to conform to a rolling mountainous Pennsylvania DEM. I have searched JVC and Dmdrake...and the later TLW wide cover fall spline doesn't seem to download.
If I cut and paste my own tree groups over a over a super large 1000 baseboard layout...how will overall framerate be affected...and what will be the effect on the routes total polys overall...or how big will the size of my Routes "File" be ? Likewise, I have a zillion acres to cover in Autumn trees. Any suggestions ?:eek:

Last edited:
North American Forest splines

Hello wridenour, these, particular, North American Forest splines will give you what you want.

KUID2:33404:500897:02
KUID2:33404:500898:02

KUID2:33404:500889:02
KUID2:33404:500890:02

KUID2:33404:500913:02
KUID2:33404:500914:02

And this page on my site provides more info and tutorial on using the Forest splines: http://www.ttbwrr.com/TTBWRR-TREES-Forest-Types.htm

On the same page is a link to a page giving the composition of each forest type. All of the trees mentioned are available on the DLS as individual trees.

Dave

Hello cascaderailroad, if you are worried about frame rates then why not try putting some backdrops in at certain places, if you have 1000 baseboards to cover, then you don't have to have trees everywhere and if you place them near the track in particular spots it'll be another bit of space filled. Have a search on the DLS, you might find something suitable for your Fall season.....Just a thought.

Cheerz. ex.

Greetings

If you have some fall pictures of the area you want, then this backdop lets you use them as needed.

Backdrop Do-it-yourself 400x100m
Created by: jost62
KUID2: 253853:453:2

Regards,
Lenny

Back