Transferring to Trainz being bought from N3V

UnionPacificFan1005

ignore user, GTW foamer
In a previous post, I was advised that if I'm going from T:ANE to TRS2022, I should get TRS2022 from Steam because I got T:ANE from Steam. What would be the potential consequences/effects if I got TRS2022 from N3V and transferred content from T:ANE to 2022? Just noticed TRS2022 is on sale.

The content can be transferred using cdp so basically it should be fine. The only difference is Steam doesn't get a percentage.

Cheerio John

Any content you wish to transfer right click in content manager then select export to .cdp. You can export a selection of assets at the same time.

Cheerio John
So that means I can export everything I have in T:ANE as one CDP and install it into 22? Also, does this include payware from Steam or do I contact the helpdesk about that?

So that means I can export everything I have in T:ANE as one CDP and install it into 22? Also, does this include payware from Steam or do I contact the helpdesk about that?

Dunno about the payware but remember N3V helpdesk is roughly a day ahead of us time wise and close down for the weekend.

Cheerio John

I wouldn't do one cdp it may be too large to install and don't put builtins or payware in a cdp, if it does install which is unlikely it will break TRS22 builtins etc and create a mess. Not sure about Steam payware, I expect someone who knows will appear with an answer.

I wouldn't do one cdp it may be too large to install and don't put builtins or payware in a cdp, if it does install which is unlikely it will break TRS22 builtins etc and create a mess. Not sure about Steam payware, I expect someone who knows will appear with an answer.

For Steam payware, he needs to contact N3V to get that transferred over from Steam to his N3V My Trainz account.

Geez, my directory in T:ANE was at either 140gb or 240gb last time I checked which was last summer, maybe I'll just stick with steam.

There's an alternative method, In TANE open for edit all items installed from the DLS and Locally modified, don't open anything else for edit, then using TR22 or TRS19, File > Import Folder and select TANEs editing folder, then go do something else for an hour or so, that will install all your non builtin and payware stuff. Quicker if you have SSDs.

That's exactly what I did with my stuff and I transfered all of them to my 2TB external hard drive and I'm still getting some new downloads ready for whenever I decide to purchase TRS22. I even got my old 32GB flashdrive configured with more ReadyBoost to assist the transfered opened items and I'll probably use it again to get my stuff installed when that day comes.

Back