Transfer items from TRS19 to TRS22

Yea, you could change the directory of the install to TRS22 I think for an easier way to transfer. If not you export everything to CDPs, they have a 4GB file size limit, if it's DLC you have to redownload from the Content Store and if it's from the DLS you could find everything again and then redownload but that would take a while

Hope this helps

Yea, you could change the directory of the install to TRS22 I think for an easier way to transfer. If not you export everything to CDPs, they have a 4GB file size limit, if it's DLC you have to redownload from the Content Store and if it's from the DLS you could find everything again and then redownload but that would take a while

Hope this helps
Thank you very much for your reply. I think it may be helpful to you and other members if I give a background about me. I live in England and in 4 weeks time I will be 92 years of age. The sad thing being this age is that whilst your general health is ok the brain takes a little time to understand some of the finer points in Trainz.

Not to hijack this thread, but would it be possible to install TRS22 to an existing T:ANE or TRS19 data folder? I would give up T:ANE or TRS19 to do this, that I understand, but neither is on the C: drive where N3V would want to install 22, so I assume the 22 data folder will start on the C: drive and then have to be copied/moved into an existing T:ANE or TRS19 data folder, which might be a bit of a job in itself since there will be a lot of assets in common. I am just curious about the feasibility, what with compatibility issues or assets rendered faulty, etc. Both T:ANE and TRS19 are over a terabyte each, and I don't think it worthwhile to start building another terabyte of assets for TRS22.

If you install TRS22 you can delete the build folder on the C drive and redirect the path to one of the other build folders. The parent (Tane or TRS19) would not then be able to use it. A DBR will be required to update the database.

Copy the following folders, from C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\N3V Games\trs19 inside build xxxxxxx folder

Local
Original
Packages

If required: Copy the Backup and Editing folders! Recommended if you are a route builder.

Paste these to C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\N3V Games\trs22 inside build xxxxxxx folder

WARNING: DO NOT change the directory! Some people always assume 'Change the directory'. I'm telling you NOT TO! Settings between 2 versions of Trainz aren't the same 'like oils aren't oils' same with the assets are slightly different. Fair enough, it may work. But this is most likely what has caused so many people to have issues with Trainz 2022 not loading correctly after an update. Yes, your updates will try and find the configuration files and if you have TRS19 directory in TRS22 setup.. Bad luck for you!!

Copy the following folders, from C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\N3V Games\trs19 inside build xxxxxxx folder

Local
Original
Packages

If required: Copy the Backup and Editing folders! Recommended if you are a route builder.

Paste these to C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\N3V Games\trs22 inside build xxxxxxx folder

WARNING: DO NOT change the directory! Some people always assume 'Change the directory'. I'm telling you NOT TO! Settings between 2 versions of Trainz aren't the same 'like oils aren't oils' same with the assets are slightly different. Fair enough, it may work. But this is most likely what has caused so many people to have issues with Trainz 2022 not loading correctly after an update. Yes, your updates will try and find the configuration files and if you have TRS19 directory in TRS22 setup.. Bad luck for you!!
To the original post, this is what you should do if you want to transfer the database, copy and paste from the TRS19 directory to the TRS22 directory

Back