Tram passengers taking chances and running across tracks in Brisbane

Stupid and being oblivious to ones surrounding is not just a domestic (US) problem, seems to be world wide.

Also John, nice clip on Grand Central Station. Is that part of a longer program on the station?

Regards,

Stupid and being oblivious to ones surrounding is not just a domestic (US) problem, seems to be world wide.

Also John, nice clip on Grand Central Station. Is that part of a longer program on the station?

Regards,

I thought the same as I've seen that in Boston with the clueless wonders trapesing across the street and occasionally bumping into signs as they're busy texting. :)

That clip unfortunately is not, but I did see a program once on the station, which included some of this footage. I can't remember where though.

John

A good clip John.
Just to explain a little more to our members about Trams in Brisbane, Australia. The city of Brisbane and surrounding suburbs had trams running from 1885 to 1969; when they were scrapped and replaced with buses. Today we still have buses. Brisbane has not had any trams since.

The video clip (although from a Brisbane network) actually refers to the Gold Coast, about 100 kms south of Brisbane. Trams were only introduced to the Gold Coast in July 2014, mainly for the huge number of tourists who visit our fabulous beaches and for locals who want to do a bit of shopping. As it is new, pedestrians as well as, motor vehicles have a lot of learning to do. There have been a number of incidents involving cars trying to make 'U' turns and not seeing the tram coming.

AND, it does make you wonder about people who walk around texting without thinking where they are going.

Cheers,
Roy3b3

Perhaps the pedestrian crossing should have been designed so that crossers will face oncoming trains. Easy to do.

Southport is just down the road a few kilometres from Helensvale where N3V reside. It's also where I got married which is probably of no significance whatsoever. :)

Perhaps the pedestrian crossing should have been designed so that crossers will face oncoming trains. Easy to do.

Southport is just down the road a few kilometres from Helensvale where N3V reside. It's also where I got married which is probably of no significance whatsoever. :)

Paul, you just live in a great place. Enjoy it and just watch out for trams!

Cheers,
Roy3b3

People think: "Oh, it's just the little ol' toy trolley, they can stop in time" ... or they are wearing headphones, earbuds, or are texting while walking (TWW), and never even look up, until the moment they are schmizzened to schmitherines under the wheels of a 30 ton tram, or fall in a fountain.

Einstein said that we were going to be so infatuated with technology, that we were going to be a mass of mindless idiots

Back