Trainzoptions

llebrez

Finally I got my boxed copy of Tane. It is built 74885. Now the big question for me: freeintcam used to be in Trainzoptions. Where can I insert the line now ? The way cameras move in the cab, as it comes in the game has been obsolete for me for a long time. I am sure I am not the only one missing this superb way of free camera movement. Anybody knows?

I know... it's on the todo list

We have implemented the vast majority of Trainz systems in T:ANE but a few got missed, a few got rejected and a few got improved upon. The current workaround is to add more options to the camera list in the config file

cameralist
{
camera0 0.849,-8.917,2.579,-0.046,-0.327
camera1 0.018,-8.877,2.579,-0.036,-0.034
camera2 -0.847,-8.847,2.579,-0.037,0.06
camera3 1.04,-6.043,2.284,3.055,-0.023
camera4 -0.035,-3.59,2.633,3.136,-0.078
}

Tony: I have two questions: 1) I assume that the lines you suggested are to be inserted in the config files of the cab of the particular loco. In Tane, how do we get access to the config file? 2) Woulkd you consider sometime in the future to make the freeintcam available as an option? That would be very nice... Thank you.

Tony: I have two questions: 1) I assume that the lines you suggested are to be inserted in the config files of the cab of the particular loco. In Tane, how do we get access to the config file? 2) Woulkd you consider sometime in the future to make the freeintcam available as an option? That would be very nice... Thank you.

As they say, +1 from me as well. It's one function that scores over the oppositions software, so please bring back ....soon™

Regards.
CaptEngland.

My apologies about the config files. CM is now different than before. Reading the manual and experimenting got me there easily. I was able to import my route.. and it shows! Even if you know everything.. Read the PDF Manual so you don't have to ask later..

Shane: Your tutorial is very good. I assume you are continuing the matter of repairing assets. Now we are at guide 1. Surely a bunch of people will be looking into it. I'll be watching.... every day....

Assuming my version patches OK, I should be able to sort out guide 2 tomorrow. At the moment I'm on attempt 5 or 6 at 9GB a time.

Shane

In CM just right click on the asset and select edit config. Make your edits then you commit using right click and select submit edits. This will work with any content that's not locked to user access/modification such as builtin assets, installed payware and any other content with certain tags set in the privileges container. Some won't open at all and some you can edit but they won't commit.

Bob Pearson

Last edited:
Back