trainz

stationfried

i decided to exchange my 'trainz classics 1+2 for just trainz classics and since my system has been partitioned for xp and vista home edition i decided to install the trs2006 on vista plus the disc with trainz routes vol 1 to 4.but it would not work or look at it.it displayed a message 1045 or something and another message as well. so i put trs2006 on xp, but i don't how that would work because theres not enough disc space.so why wouldn't it work?:( :confused:

Just Trainz

I may be wrong - and I often am - but I seem to remember a thread that mentioned the 'Just Trainz' CD gave problems and people should avoid it like the plague. So sorry to learn you have bought it!
The general opinion was that you should buy the Auran version because this works fine without hiccups. And I also think that the 'Just' version needs to CD in the drive all the time.
But I am sure somebody will come on and put me to rights on this.

Angela

I am running TRS2006-SP1 on my Vista Home Premium system, and it works better that it ever did on my XP system (though I DO miss XP.)

Installed and applied service pack with no problems.

rgoodell_sm.png

~Rick

I may be wrong - and I often am - but I seem to remember a thread that mentioned the 'Just Trainz' CD gave problems and people should avoid it like the plague. So sorry to learn you have bought it!
The general opinion was that you should buy the Auran version because this works fine without hiccups. And I also think that the 'Just' version needs to CD in the drive all the time.
But I am sure somebody will come on and put me to rights on this.

Angela
This time angela you are.........RIGHT.:Y: The "Just " version does need the disc inserted to run, I should know it's the one I use. But to be honest so far I have had no problems with it.:D

Apparently, the Just Trains version of Trainz Classics (a.k.a Trainz Railways) that I have does not need to be in the drive for some reason. (I think there was a previous post about it but I don't know). My Trainz Classics build is 3355 and I was wondering if anyone else has this build?

Back