Trainz subscription price change.

dundun92

UK Content Creator
I signed up for the 7.99 at checkout, 3.19 each month subscription, and suddenly, I just decided to look at my subscription, and it's at 7.99 a month. I did not sign up for that. Had I known the monthly cost was 7.99, I would not have purchased it. I checked SteamDB, and there were no sales going on for the Trainz+ subscription when I bought it.

before (two days ago):
image.png

now:
image.png

image.png

Last edited:
Looks like a typo to me. I have never seen the subscriptions on sale before but at one time Trainz Plus monthly was $9.99 before it dropped to $7.99.

I agree, a typo. The figure $7.99 for the Trainz Plus monthly subscription appears twice and, more significantly, right next to the Add to Cart button that you would have clicked to sign up to the subscription for a month..

I agree, a typo. The figure $7.99 for the Trainz Plus monthly subscription appears twice and, more significantly, right next to the Add to Cart button that you would have clicked to sign up to the subscription for a month..
I was aware of that. I knew it was 7.99 at the start, but I thought maybe the initial up-front cost was perhaps more. It gave the impression that every other month after that would be cheaper.

Last edited:
Yeah but the fine print clearly says "$7.99 at checkout, auto renewed every 1 month(s) at $3.19"

Which means $7.99 now, and then $3.19 for each following month. That creates a resonable expectation of seeing $7.99 next to the buy button and on the invoice, and an equally reasonable expectation of seeing $3.19 charged next month and every month thereafter.

Also also, Id have waited for next months charge, you might have just kicked yourself out a good deal - the invoice says to be billed at $3.19 a month, but now you won't know what next months charge would have been.

You have to remember that the devs has to put food on the table! So yes, expect a change in prices.
At least you's pay what you see advertised.The game is here in Australia but we have to convert because they advertise in $US so when I pay for my subscription instead of paying $69.49 for Standard + it turns out to be around $105 for us in Australia.Bit of a shock if you forget it's in $US and not $Au when the money comes out

At least you's pay what you see advertised.The game is here in Australia but we have to convert because they advertise in $US so when I pay for my subscription instead of paying $69.49 for Standard + it turns out to be around $105 for us in Australia.Bit of a shock if you forget it's in $US and not $Au when the money comes out
Totally agree mate. I'm Aussie too ;)

The USA, UK and pretty much everywhere else in the world and maybe out in space except Australia and New Zealand, we pay overpriced for everything. It's also funny that we still pay shipping/freight cost even if it's digital 'Yes, you be surprised', lets not forget about the GST added in our prices.. I do feel sorry for our mates over in NZ, they pay double if not 3 times in GST!

Yeah but the fine print clearly says "$7.99 at checkout, auto renewed every 1 month(s) at $3.19"

Which means $7.99 now, and then $3.19 for each following month. That creates a resonable expectation of seeing $7.99 next to the buy button and on the invoice, and an equally reasonable expectation of seeing $3.19 charged next month and every month thereafter.

Also also, Id have waited for next months charge, you might have just kicked yourself out a good deal - the invoice says to be billed at $3.19 a month, but now you won't know what next months charge would have been.
I still have the subscription, and it now says $7.99 is due. But again, just a few days ago, on the steam subscription management page, it said $3.19 was due next month. I'm going to assume as well it's a typo they quickly changed, esp after I posted a positive review mentioning the low price. Either way, I'll wait until this first cycle is up and see what it charges me next month, as neither amount is significant by itself.

You need to contact N3V and ask them if you want to know what is really going on. They also need to know of the descrepency. You should submit a support request. See "Support" at top of page. Login on that page then click the Troubleshooter and Ticket Submission. Don't bypass the options and answer the catetgories and such and eventually you'll be asked to submit a ticket.

Last edited:
Back