Trainz Mega Bytes

Garyz23

Am I reading this correctly? My computer says it takes 3,564 MB.... Is this correct, it takes that much? I only have 512 Ram. Do I need more?:)

Am I reading this correctly? My computer says it takes 3,564 MB.... Is this correct, it takes that much? I only have 512 Ram. Do I need more?:)

Gary, welcome aboard,
The 3,564 mb is probably the amount of Hard Drive room/space required to install Trainz's. (Your HDD megabite's SIZE is different from the amount of RAM megs you have).
You mention that you only have 512 megs of RAM. It would be wise to look at increasing your RAM up to either 3 or 4 gigs in total. (Sdram, DDR & DDR2 RAM is pretty cheap right now)...

Is it possible for you to provide us with more details about your PC? Do you have the manufactures name & the model? How old is your PC? (approx)...
The more details you can provide us, the better understanding we will have of whether your PC fall's into the "low", "med" or "high" spec'ed bracket. (The fact that it currently only has 512megs of RAM means that it is more likely to fall into the either low or medium spec'ed at the moment).

Once we understand exactly what you have, then we can provide you with some suggestions on how you could update some of your PC's hardware so that Trainz's will run more smoothly, with better frame rates, etc.
(Note; Running large, highly detailed routes requires a 'medium' to 'high' spec'ed PC).

Cheers, Mac...

Last edited:
Gary,
That CPU is starting to get abit dated, but will still run Trainz with the settings turned down providing that you have a reason video card & more RAM.
One thing you will need to do is increase the amount of RAM you have. Unfortunately 512 megs just isn't enough if you really want to get into Trainz.
(somewhere between 2.5 to 4 gigs would be what I would recommend).

Do you have any short to medium term plans to buy a new computer?
The reason I ask is it is sometimes better to just go out and buy a new gaming PC, rather than the parts upgrade path...
Cheers, Mac...

?

I have seen a Vista OS-8Gb HP-32bit-w/upgraded video card for well under $800-$1000...BTW Vista works great with TRS2006 !:cool:Paintshed also works !

Back