Trainz CPU Problems

ONCE

Hi everyone I need some help fixing a problem with Trainz 2006. Every time I start it, it freezes. What I look at the task manager I see that the CPU is at 100%. This problem was sudden. I was playing the game, then came off to play some burnt music and went to play it again and it froze just after the intro video. I have adequate RAM and everything. I have searched for viruses, spyware, I looked at a files in a file recovery program to see if I had deleted any files and nothing. I have not tried to reinstall the game because I have a layout that I have been working on for some months, what is odd is that I can't find that layout now. I tried looking in the Auran file and to use CMP but even that doesn't work, some problem. Any suggestions I would appreciate. Thanks for your help.

try system restore. the route you've been working on save it to a removable device regularly just incase comp goes down badly.
in task manager is trainz using 100% or is it between programs.

Last edited:
Hi everyone I need some help fixing a problem with Trainz 2006. Every time I start it, it freezes. What I look at the task manager I see that the CPU is at 100%. This problem was sudden. I was playing the game, then came off to play some burnt music and went to play it again and it froze just after the intro video. I have adequate RAM and everything. I have searched for viruses, spyware, I looked at a files in a file recovery program to see if I had deleted any files and nothing. I have not tried to reinstall the game because I have a layout that I have been working on for some months, what is odd is that I can't find that layout now. I tried looking in the Auran file and to use CMP but even that doesn't work, some problem. Any suggestions I would appreciate. Thanks for your help.

Running at 100% is normal. Sometimes CMP needs time to sort itself out. Try leaving it in cmp overnight even though it looks like it is doing nothing. Mine took a couple of nights like this then settled down fine. TC cmp seems a little better.

Cheerio John

try system restore. the route you've been working on save it to a removable device regularly just incase comp goes down badly.
in task manager is trainz using 100% or is it between programs.

Hi thanks for the reply. Yes I tried system restore at different points. What is odd with this problem is I can run all other programs as usual even with trainz running in the background. I would say that it is only trainz that us running 100% CPU. Thanks.

Back