Trainz Classics 3rd Edition (TC3) Release date 23/08/2008 on Auran Shop Online

Thats an absolute bargain. In time for my Birthday:)
Might be just in time to stop me going mad trying to get 2004 to work!:confused:
I hope that it's properly sorted & stable. And the copy protection will allow it to instal & run. Then it might actualy sell.

well ill be buying mine from auran iam now on my 6th just trainz dvd just hoping this last one holds out till august

I'm with Amiga on this one.

The price is good news, but the date is a disappointment.
Not because it should be rushed out the door (been there and done that, haven't they :hehe:), but because comments by Auran suggested that it was close to gold, and that was weeks ago.
What happened, multiple hard drive failures?

As I was reading this thread with people quoting the August date, I was waiting for someone from Auran or TC3 to post and correct them, but it didn't happen.

Still, the summer is meant for outdoors, so get all your pasty faces out that door and enjoy the weather for a couple of months. :D

Smiley.

Time to relax. TC3 is gold and there must be user-error in the date field. We are working on a digital download version asap and the box copies will be in our store this month.

TH

Time to relax. TC3 is gold and there must be user-error in the date field. We are working on a digital download version asap and the box copies will be in our store this month.
Hehe, didn't expect that.
Great news.

Didn't know that there was going to be a digital download version.
Can you give us any details on this?
Specifically, what restrictions/advantages will it have over ordering a DVD copy, besides the obvious.
I'm not a fan of the "Half Life Steam" way of doing things, so I'll have to wait and see.

I think I'll pop over to your download shop and see how you handle other titles that are digital downloads.

Thanks for the good news, and don't forget to give the person responsible for the date error a kick up the arse. :D

Smiley.

I always thought that Auran would do well to work with / use Stardock's ( makers of the Galactic Civilisations Series ) Digital Download system ( Total Gaming Net ) seeing Auran sell their games in Australia, rather than reinvent the wheel so to speak.

John

Hehe, didn't expect that.
Great news.

Didn't know that there was going to be a digital download version.
Can you give us any details on this?
Specifically, what restrictions/advantages will it have over ordering a DVD copy, besides the obvious.
I'm not a fan of the "Half Life Steam" way of doing things, so I'll have to wait and see.

I think I'll pop over to your download shop and see how you handle other titles that are digital downloads.

Thanks for the good news, and don't forget to give the person responsible for the date error a kick up the arse. :D

Smiley.

Friendly reminder: Your Sig is way too big. Check the forum rules.

LOL, How embarrassing for you!
Maybe you need glasses, hence the bigger letters in this post.

Maybe you're pretty new around here, otherwise I'd be the last person you'd be telling that. :hehe:

Apology accepted.

Smiley.

LOL, How embarrassing for you!
Maybe you need glasses, hence the bigger letters in this post.

Maybe you're pretty new around here, otherwise I'd be the last person you'd be telling that. :hehe:

Apology accepted.

Smiley.
Smileyman's Sig said:
music.gif

800x100, and 29.99Kb? Would it be too cynical to think that you'd tuned it carefully? :p

---------- ---------- ----------

As for the actual conversation - It's good to hear that TC3 is on the way - I look forward to some of the infrastructure improvements, which are so easily overlooked in favour of the (equally impressive) rolling stock we get to play with :cool:.

800x100, and 29.99Kb? Would it be too cynical to think that you'd tuned it carefully? :p
Not at all.
All my banners have been this size, and as near to 30kb as was humanly possible.
It's no coincidence. :wave:

I'm just wondering what it was that made him think that it was oversized.
Did he even check it?

And I agree.
Because the last version I have is TRS2006, and the main version I use is TRS2004, TC3 should be 3 or 4 versions later, which should show significant improvements to what I'm used to.

And not long to wait either. :D

Smiley.

I may have to bite the bullet and buy TC3. I have held out for a long time buying an new verion of Trainz to be honest after TRS2006 purchase from TRS2004 was not a huge jump in the gaming experience between the two.

I have been distant from this game for awhile and have had little interest. I stopped creating content about 6 months ago. Time does not really allow me to get back into it, but with alot of new routes being TC versions, it may be time to buy. The price is decent. Just wish there was more information and screenshots available to show where TC3 has been substancially improved. I hope also that Auran worked on the Game Engine to run more efficiently.

Back