Trainz 2009

smyrick

should I completely uninstall and reinstall, if so do I have to register it again for my FCT and repatch everything and try again. need some advice on this matter:wave:

thanks again as always respectfully

There is no need to re-register anything. The FCT is a separate entity from the actual Trainz program, and it works with all the versions you have installed. So a good old-fashioned reinstall will work fine just make sure you backup anything you want to keep, and patch-up to the latest patches when you're done.

John

one more question surprise. anyway thanks for all your patients reinstalled trainz 2009 repatches everything looks good, went to download nycta from the dls
got the following maybe you can tell me what is the next step:

download the using the download helper: click download: this link needs to be opened with an application choose an application:
also when to the fireware to allow taddemon and trainz.exe not sure what to do next.

thanks as always

one more question surprise. anyway thanks for all your patients reinstalled trainz 2009 repatches everything looks good, went to download nycta from the dls
got the following maybe you can tell me what is the next step:

download the using the download helper: click download: this link needs to be opened with an application choose an application:
also when to the fireware to allow taddemon and trainz.exe not sure what to do next.

thanks as always

A simple fix for the file association

You need to associate CDPs with Content Manager.

Shift-and Right-click on a CDP, and choose Open With...

You won't see the file type listed so you need to browse to where TS2009 is installed, and go to the Bin folder. In there pick ContentManager.exe

Regarding the Firewall:

Go to the Control Panel and choose Networks.

Go to Firewall, and allow the following:

ContentManager.exe
TADDaemon
Launcher.exe
Trainz.exe (both locations)
TrainzUtil.exe

You'll again have to browse to where the files are located and allow them to access. Trainz.exe is in both the TS12 folder and in the /bin folder. The other programs are in /bin

John

pulling out my hair on nycta sorry to sound so stress everything but stations show up in nycta everything works well in nycta 2005 and nycta 2007
maybe their something I need to adjust to make the stations appear all the tracks and building are their and have comitted them more than once.
please help me Im at the end of my rope

thanks as always

There must be something wrong with those assets to cause the track not to line up or for them to work properly in the first place. Keep in mind they were made for TRS2004 so they're pretty old and probably haven't been updated yet. Austin Hockey has been making some new EL segments you might be interested in. They look better too. Will they work with TS2009? I don't know.

John

great thanks time to say good bye nycta i did like the open cut style is that possible to do in nycta 2005 or 2007

one last question im sure nycta 2012 will work in 2009 how do I move to the front of the train at the last stop when the route is covered nycta routes was not covered

Rick,

Sorry I can't help you with these assets specifically as I've only looked at them once way, way back in the olden days and haven't done much with them since.

John

how do I go to the front of the train once I terminate at the last station in nycta 2012 when in a tunnel covered station:wave:

thanks hopefully this will be the last question that I ask

how do I go to the front of the train once I terminate at the last station in nycta 2012 when in a tunnel covered station:wave:

thanks hopefully this will be the last question that I ask

You exit from the driver cab, and use free roaming cam, and click on the other end of the train. There's a rule too I think which switches ends, but I could never get that work.

Back