trainz 2004 - features

spammu

Without downloading anything, how many different routes are there on trainz 2004, and how many scenarios are there ?

Its all a bit confusing to see how many things are in the game

And what is the purpose of the railyard - a list of engines on the RHS with their pictures.

Do you mean how many routes come built in with the game, or how many TRS-2004-compatible routes you can get from the Download Station?

On the Download Station, theoretically you should be able to tell how many by selecting the TRS2004 box and then the Routes/Layouts icon. I just did this and it says 2907. However, that's not right as the stupid thing includes routes from TRS2006 as well.

Railyard is just a viewer where you can see all your rolling stock on one screen. If you didn't have this, you would need to go into Surveyor, find or make a board with some track on it and place each item of rolling stock on the track one by one. Even then, you may not get such a close up look as you do in Railyard.

UK Edition TRS2004 SP4:
Built-in layouts: Banks Heath, British Midlands (two versions), City And County USA (two versions), Electric Commuter, Glasgow To Falkirk, Highland Valley (two versions), Industrial Wasteland, Multi Industry Tutorial, Outback Australia (two versions), Queensland, Robe River Iron, Rosworth Vale, The Black Forest, Tidewater Point Rail, Wadalbavale To Karrah Bay, Winter In The Alps
Driver sessions: 14
Scenarios: 9

HTH, John

Hello Spammu,

Out of the box - 2004 has 9 routes with 13 sessions and has 9 scenarios. 2004 was such a long time ago for me that I can no longer tell you the difference between a session and a scenario.

As Dinorius_Redundicus says, Railyard will allow you to view each piece of rolling stock supplied or downloaded from any angle.

If you do not currently have Trainz yet and are planning a purchase, look for a product called Trainz Railwayz which has both Trs2006 and TC1/TC2 included. TC has a better game engine but very little built-in content while 2006 has a lot of built-in content which can be imported to TC

Hope this helps.

Brian

Back