Trains skipping trackmarks when following behind trains, why?

jamal17

Subways and railroads
I noticed when I'm running a session with multiple train lines I use trackmarks and I have a weird issue, So lets say there's a (C) train at "hoyt schermerhorn station" theres an (A) train two blocks behind the C train waiting for it to clear the platform, but once the C train clears the platform the A train pulls in to the station and skips the trackmark? why does this happen?

Possibly a software bug suggest put in a ticket request to technical support.
Try putting a red indicating absolute signal at the station platform.

Try placing a signal at the end of the station after the track mark. This will force the AI driver to stop at the station if an AI driver is ahead. I think what's occurring is the script that controls the track marks doesn't have a chance to reset causing the train behind to continue on without stopping. I've run into a similar situation with stations when trains follow behind. My resolution was to put a dwarf signal at the end of the platform. In some locations, which eventually led me to do this all over, I had to place a signal before the station as well after when an AI train had the station and another followed. This forced the following train to slow down, if not stop altogether before entering into the station.

Now remember, this isn't 100% foolproof. There will still be a dumb AI driver that will proceed anyway but it's not as bad as a free for all which is what happens without the signals and this seems to slow down that behavior in most locations.

Try placing a signal at the end of the station after the track mark. This will force the AI driver to stop at the station if an AI driver is ahead. I think what's occurring is the script that controls the track marks doesn't have a chance to reset causing the train behind to continue on without stopping. I've run into a similar situation with stations when trains follow behind. My resolution was to put a dwarf signal at the end of the platform. In some locations, which eventually led me to do this all over, I had to place a signal before the station as well after when an AI train had the station and another followed. This forced the following train to slow down, if not stop altogether before entering into the station.

Now remember, this isn't 100% foolproof. There will still be a dumb AI driver that will proceed anyway but it's not as bad as a free for all which is what happens without the signals and this seems to slow down that behavior in most locations.
I have a signal at the end of the platform and in the front, the train still obeys the signals but instead of stopping at the same track mark like the train in front it keeps on proceeding and doesn’t obey anymore commands

I have a signal at the end of the platform and in the front, the train still obeys the signals but instead of stopping at the same track mark like the train in front it keeps on proceeding and doesn’t obey anymore commands
Do you have discord? It can be helpful so we can vc to solve the problem

I'm on Discord. Let me know when you're available and we can chat. I don't have a camera on my Trainzing PC but we can talk via microphone and we can share screens.

Back