Trains displaying unknown errors

thesthfan

I tried downloading multiple old trains (TS2009 and below) for TS12 and they display strange errors. What I noticed is, they don't appear for other people using them. Some examples:
Thread Exception: ER_ArrayOutOfBounds, line 458, file consistdatahandler.gs

Stack dump:

function $Train@ConsistDataHandler::CreateTrainFromSoup(Soup,GSTrackSearch,bool), line -1
function $void@ConsistDataHandler::CreateNewConsist(), line 534
function $void@ConsistDataHandler::TrackMsgHdl(Message), line 777
Thread Exception: ER_NullReference, line 1521, file train.gs

Stack dump:

function $Permit[]@Train::TakePermitOnTrack(bool), line -1
function $void@Train::Init(), line 1593
Thread Exception: ER_NullReference, line 785, file acslib.gs

Stack dump:

function $void@ACSlib::findConnectedEnds(Vehicle), line -1
function $string@ACSlib::LibraryCall(string,string[],GSObject[]), line 831
function $void@class222::Init(), line 272
function $void@MeshObject::Init(Asset), line 316
Thread Exception: ER_NullReference, line 804, file acslib.gs

Stack dump:

function $void@ACSlib::findConnectedEnds(Vehicle), line -1
function $string@ACSlib::LibraryCall(string,string[],GSObject[]), line 831
function $void@class222::Init(), line 272
function $void@MeshObject::Init(Asset), line 316
Is there any way to solve them? Do I need some missing kuid or other things?

Nah, what you need is up-to-current-standards content. Those errors look like you are using scripted content that is not compatible with the current core. The ER_NullReference errors are because something sent a Nothing to a function that needed a Something. The other error is something trying to access an item from a location in an "array" (think "list") that isn`t actually there, never mind if there is actually something stored in said non-existent location.

If all of what I said is just total nonsense to you: just try to get a newer version of your asset, if there is one. Otherwise, while this is in theory fixable, it wouldn`t be worth YOUR bother: excessive technobabble. Good luck!

I tried downloading multiple old trains (TS2009 and below) for TS12 and they display strange errors. What I noticed is, they don't appear for other people using them. Some examples:

Is there any way to solve them? Do I need some missing kuid or other things?
Sorry to hear about the errors, even for us in higher Levels, I'm TRS2019 and have fought this since 2014, others face the same issues.

When the Author's made Assets for which ever Trainz level they use , in your case the ones you selected are 2009, they would show Errors in newer versions, because everything that has Scripting will not pass the newer Error Checking Trainz, Ironically, this also happens with Software and Windows, MAC's Etc. We all go thru this.

The only way to clear this problem, try and contact Author to make a new Version update for Errors. And lets face it, Asset makers usually don't have time to update there Assets, but there are a few that Asset Makers do make updates.

I hate to say this, we lose Author's for various reasons, passed away Etc.

If you take look in your Content Manager, occasionally see some Assets you have installed, say something like Newer Version Available.

I have 700000 Assets and just this week, I found updates (newer versions) for 350 of them, and that does not count for the 100's that were available for last year.

The Thread below with share another story with Problem Assets another member is facing.

Last edited:
Back